Ride To Work Day 2013 - Wed 16th October

What time you guys off?

I’m up at 6 every day- I have kids to get up and get to school and a wife that likes to sleep in.

waddaguy!!

If you can’t see the minimum insertion mark, it’s too short.

Impossible? Probably.

Anyone passing through Broady is welcome to stop in at the Hume City Council breakie! :slight_smile:

I’ll be at stop ‘I’ , come say ‘hi’

If you’re on target time-wise, I’ll be traversing from points N to L then to K from 8:00 - 8:30.

If you go to K, why wouldn’t you grab a bonus round coffee at J

I don’t plan on stopping for more than a manifest
[li] sign off here. Too many Freds, not enough coffee.[/li]

• R2W 2014 Breakfast alleycat. Manifest will have all community breakfasts known, more points awarded for those that are further out / harder to get to / restricted time of operation, final checkpoint at one that’s open latest / amenable operator (Pony?), bonus prize for highest number of fruit buns collected…

Done, I’ll aim for J then.

[/li]
Yeah, fair enough.

I gotta be there at 5.45am, frak.

There better be lots of coffee…

Blakey - over the years you’ve done this, have you ever nailed every checkpoint?

Depends on your definition of ‘every’. Every one I’ve aimed to hit, every one on offer in Melbourne, every one within a 20km radius of the GPO…

I’m not going to get to Hume or Ringwood tomorrow, that’s for sure.

Sounds like good fun, count me in. Just hope I can work up that early

If it starts at 6.30 I’ll be there.

I’m aiming to be at checkpoint A at the set start time to meet whoever may be there. If you see me please say hi as I don’t know any Melburn FOA faces too well or my way between checkpoints. I’ll be on the Look track bike in Rapha Sky kit, possibly holding a red balloon. Looking forward to meeting more FOAmafia.

Joke’s on you, A/B don’t open until 7, I put them there as ride past checkpoints.

Aim for C at 7am. Look for Nikcee, you can’t miss the beard.

Will meet at C!

Aww yeah. What a banger.

Up in the dark, elected for the beardobike for the map holder and quick access capacious bag for booty over the splatter power-commuter.

Ripped up to Northcote Aquatic Centre (1), still setting up but Rooster and (?) had beaten me there.

I then hoofed it with a ripping tailwind to Chandler Park (2), grabbed a banger of an espresso, some fruit and a bun and chased back to Darebin/Human Powered (3) at Westgarth/St Georges, catching Rooster’s group, that was getting larger by the moment.

Skipping the bike blend smoothies I went straight for the perennial favourites, Loafer Bread baked goods, as the lead group formed with BigCee, NikCee, A-Bird & Hotbrad, ditching the chase group who were waiting for the lantern rouge(s) to arrive.

SW to Velo Cycles/St Ali North (4) for Natural Tucker treats, OJ and some brewed coffee and the turning on of the bike counter, before heading SE with PeakingOut joining us, to see if there was a bonus checkpoint at Edi Gardens (nup) before Fitzroy Pool (5), which had a strong police presence in addition an average looking coffee tent and a decent array of snacks.

KeepCup (6) was either private, not on, or not open yet, Vigor (7) wasn’t yet open, then Abbotsford Convent (8) was scratched due to time and wind constraints, so we MASHed through traffic to arrive at the Fred chaos of City Square (9). A quick stop to chat to MikDee and a crossing over with the swollen chase group and we were off south of the river for a double coffee loop.

St Ali South (10) was a bust, no bikes, no coffee, BigCee left us in search of an off route brekky with Flexicar, we then continued to Clement/South Melbourne Market (11) which was a ripper. After a cheeky single origin espresso stop we left NikCee with two long blacks and A-Bird, Hotbrad & I headed to Docklands (12), which, like City Square, was full of freds and flyers. The Rapha coffee van was slammed, so we elected to roll on to Pony Bikes (13) for a final coffee, where we met Rollyplz, Duggan and others.

I left my domestiques and aimed towards North Melbourne Aquatic centre (14), but alas it was 855 and the breakfast was done, so I cruised up the road to work, munching on a fruit bun.

Checkpoints: 13
Coffees: ~4
Fruit Buns: 6
Bananas: 3
Sunscreen: 2
Time: #fuckstrava