Ride To Work Day 2013 - Wed 16th October

rode past footscray road which was just setting up and docklands which was so overflowing with fredlyness i didn’t even think about stopping

Excellent posting of stats

only ~4 coffees? i was expecting MOAR

Impressive work! I dropped into the Yarra Council’s breakfast at the Burnley golf course just before 9am. Great spread was still available as I was only the 12th person through the gate… Odd location hidden off the main Yarra commuter highway plus BNV badly promoted any breakfast locations other than a couple CBD options probably had a lot to do with that.

I had a short black, muffin and banana plus won a bell in a lucky dip.

You work… where do you get the time?

My shit list :wink: :St Ali’s Ride2Work Day Community Breakfast - Events - Broadsheet Melbourne

From North to South Ride2Work with St Ali Roasters and Velo Cycles.[FONT=arial]As part of Bicycle Network Victoria’s annual Ride2Work Day, St Ali North and St Ali South will be hosting community breakfasts for Ride2Work participants on Wednesday 17, October in conjunction with Velo Cycles.

[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]St Ali South
12-18 Yarra Place, South Melbourne
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]October 17th 2012, 7:30 a.m. — 10:30 a.m.

Yarra Council - Yarra News - August

KeepCup, a reusable coffee cup manufacturer based in Fitzroy, will once again host a Ride2Work Day breakfast

[/FONT]

At clement you had to register for a raffle before you could get a free coffee…annoying

Was awesome fun!
Time / map for anyone interested:
Bike Ride Profile | #Ride2work near Fitzroy North | Times and Records | Strava

Helps if you sweet talk the rego taker.

After he heard NikCee say he had over 10 bikes he just gave us the raffle tickets!

classic nikcee scenario

probably won a bike right after that. classic nik cee.

ftfy

i was riding down elizabeth street this morning towards flinders st, stopped at the lights at lonsdale beside a dude on a reid mtb. he fanged off in front of me as soon as the lights turned green, and got t-boned from the left by a ford territory that hadn’t noticed the lights had changed. i spent my ride-to-work-breakfast-time waiting for the police and ambulance to arrive.
There was a passerby who worked for Reid bikes who gave some great first aid, real professional and calm

Dang, that’s no good. I hope the guy wasn’t too badly hurt. Strangely enough, last years Ride 2 Work day I got seriously threatened with a beating for riding on the road - wtf?

I’m just shocked that anyone would want to hit you

the cyclist was pretty banged up, but no broken bones. i saw him fly from the top of the bonnet to the tram tracks in the centre in a parabolic arc. his bike came straight down on a cars bonnet on the far side of the street, four lanes of traffic and two tram tracks over.
the cops said they had been flat out with bike incidents all morning…

I taught a man how his QR buttons work on his campag ergo shifters, thats a win in my books.

He was amazed as he had been riding with them ‘in’ and the levers recessed for ever.

Also, met a girl I went to school with 17yrs ago in CHCH, random.

What a fucking amateur…:smiley:

Nice work, Blakey and others. I was wondering why there were so many cyclists on the way home, then the penny dropped. I’m making damn sure I’m in attendance for any prospective R2W 2014 Alleycat.

MikeD - Helping dentists figure out their expensive racing bikes since forever.

eh, he was stoked, I was stoked.

Watching my colleague trying to explain how a QR skewer works and why turning it like a wingnut isn’t good and being met with blank looks was not so great.