Riding in the rain!

Am I the only one who loves riding in the rain? Maybe I never grew up or maybe its due to growing up in Mildura and it never raining at all but I FUCKING love it. Is this odd? :stuck_out_tongue:

yes you are odd. i still ride in the rain but i do not take pleasure in it

Rain riding is great. If it’s heavy and cold then fenders make it much better.

I had a couple of hours of rain/sun/rain/sun/… riding in Cairns this January, even on a bare roadie it was amazing as it was so refreshing.

How I dream of fenders! Mind you today I was pretty much under water so I don’t think they would have done anything. Flemington Rd and Mount Alexander have puddles up to my BB.

nope i agree

depends. if i’m going for a fun roll i don’t mind it but if i’m headed somewhere special (like blakey’s house) i don’t like it so much.

short periods doable, long periods like the 3 peaks this year no.

The thing that shits me most riding in the rain is the feeling of rain drops smashing your face apart on steep descents.

I hate it.

getting wet sux. but once wet, it can be fun.

//youtu.be/AfhiNBC9yM4

It’s never troubled me much, but I’m from Buninyong (like Ballaarat but worse). I’m with Blakey on the fenders and I wouldn’t be without my trusty yellow Netti.

I love it!

my sister lives there, it’s a nice part of the world.

love riding in it, hate getting punctures in it.
not too keen on how much the shower afterward hurts stings because your extremities are so cold, but like having my shoes squish when walking in the house
don’t like forgetting to take my spare pair of undies to work and having to freeball it in heavy denim all day, baby powder you saved me once again

ps, TMI?

riding in the rain is awesome for short distances. Add 100kms, some hills, a headwind, and saturated socks and feet; you get over it pretty quickly.

Put that on repeat for a couple of days and you won’t even want to get on your bike…

i hate the rain.

While we’re on the general theme of weather, a couple of mates are racing the Warnie tomorrow…they’re hard men, they’ll do well in these conditions.

yes, but a good sig for someone…

sometimes love it, sometimes hate it.

i think someone here once said that if you know/accept you’re going to get wet, riding in the rain can be quite fun.

i try and remember that whenever i find myself riding to work in 5 degrees in a pair of boardies and a snowboard jacket. oh, and sodden shoes with no socks…

i remembered it sprinting through the royal pde/elizabeth st roundabout and seeing my reflection in the road. i’ve never seen myself from that angle before. it was kinda cool

same here. though i’m pretty sure there will be fewer finishers than last year.