Sharing experience and advice for those using or considering tubeless tyres
I have recently Lezyne Tubeless Pro Plugs for repair of tubeless tyres where they have failed to seal after using dynaplugs or similar
Interested if any have used these with success
Currently using a kit that has bacon strips in it. Has worked a few times. Cant remember the brand sorry. Enough sealant and sealant that works will have a big influence on whether any plug or strip works, along with the size of the hole. Orange seal regular is doing the job for me. Stans also works ime.
I have not yet used dynaplugs but understand they are expensive.
These
have got good feedback from several on WW and are reasonably priced.
Thanks,
I have been using tubeless road tyres for some 20,000 km and rarely have punctures not sealed but on two occasions cuts around the join between sidewall and tread required the use of a plug in my case dynaplugs.
These didn’t seal immediately but left overnight with low pressure 10psi seal was effective.
In these marginal situations I thought the Lezyne Pro Plugs might be an answer rather than binning the tyre. They use a different technique in that they plug from inside the tyre.
Running 30mm Conti GP TR on the front and 32mm Michelin pro5 TR on the rear at the moment.
Conti from AliEx and Michy from BikeInn. Happy with them. ![]()
You need a reasonable sized order to make BikeInn worthwhile and also be patient. Postage is expensive, poorly tracked and slow
I have been getting a good run from Pirelli Cinturato EVO TLR - 32 front and rear.
$100 from Pushys … not that keen on O/S sourcing as getting 12 months or a bit less out of a set so not a huge annual saving
They haven’t all been tested in a 32. Here they are in a 28;
Those Pirelli are a very slow tyre and I am getting mine at ~ half that price. Just need to buy a few tyres at a time from bikeinn due to the postage. I buy tyres for the gravel bike also at the same time.
Those Pirelli are thick and heavy though so will probably outlast the other two. Depends on what you are after I guess
Thanks for the info.
WOW The difference is about 11.6% of my average power output on flattish rides.
So that explains why I am slow
… happy with durability and good wear though.
Is this what you are using?
Yes.
Getting popular and harder to get on AliEx. Out of stock in that size in black for that seller
Might give them a try … no stock on AliExpress … could get brown but not a good look with coral coloured bike. Might pay the extra and source through BikeBug/Pushys
There will be others who sell them but getting harder to get on there. I wouldn’t be surprised if Continental themselves have something to do with that. It seems like supply has become limited.