Road Rides Around Canberra

This was truly cold, truly special and truly glorious riding. Parked around the outskirts of the city close to Stromlo, rode to Corin, up to Corin, had fries and a coke, felt like doing apres ski, had pasta at an awesome Italian place the night before and pizza from Gusto the night after. Love your corner of the world, such a great place for riding and having a blast.

Yay! How good is Canberra. Did you eat at Italian and Sons?

This year they are actually opening a ski field at Corin.

Bloody hell that sounds like a solid weekend of greatest hits. I need to do this soon.

Went to Provini…would highly rate this place though, great food, nice atmosphere. Didn’t know about Italian and Sons. Pretty much everything was booked out at 6pm Saturday night so we just had a walk around and ended up at that Provini place.

I do think they had some artificial snow up there already. It was definitely white on the hill and all people were dressed in snow gear.

Stop blowing up the spot.

Anyone ridden Marked Tree road? Thinking of doing it tomorrow coming back from Collector, worried about hills and mud. Will be on 28s, Ian on 25s.

Seb, Fobbler and I have several times on roadies with 23s, but only when it was dry.
It was in pretty good condition, but may be boggy and rutted from this rain.

The only proper hill is the first one up the escarpment from Collector, but it’s paved. From there its just easy rollers to Gundaroo.

Aternatively, if you’ve got time, the ride to Gunning via Breadalbane Rd and old Hume Hwy is good and paved, then come back via Gundaroo.

Didn’t get a chance to reply Adz, did it this morning. Beautiful road, good condition, just some little rivulets but nothing to worry about. I’ve always wanted to get up there, nice morning to do it.

Excellent. Good to know it went well. Did you stop at the ‘lookout’ over the lake?

Would anyone like to go for a road ride on Sunday? I’m just getting back into it so nothing too knarly. Just keen to do 50-70km. As I’m new, so will need route suggestions.

Definitely! I’m In the same boat…

Lake George?

Yeh, me three. I have ridden anything but my commute since April.
Happy with Lake George, slowly.

Cool beans, I’ll be on my Surly so not going fast at all. You guys can decide on start time and meetup spot, I’ll be good to go!

I’m free all day, prefer a mid-morning start so it’s not too cold, say 9.30-10.
Meet up cnr Northbourne and Mouat (north west corner of intersection, near the netball fields).

I could also do lunch in Dickson/Braddon after.

9:30 sounds good! Also keen for post ride food.

perfect see you there!

Tamas, I PM’s you on Instagram, but not sure if you check that. I have to pike because of a damaged wheel.

Bummer. thanks for the heads up.

So we will come back this very weekend. Actually on Friday and only staying until Saturday. I would like to ride Honeysuckle again but with a bit more time on our hands probably include it in an around 100k ride. We are driving up from Sydney on Friday morning so are able to start the ride pretty much anywhere. Any good ideas for this one? Last time we started in Tharwa which made the climb a pretty short ride.
And once again if anyone wants to join despite the fact that its Easter Friday please feel welcome too. We are not sure though when we’ll start but I’d say around 11am the latest.
We are staying at the Hotel Hotel this time.