Schwalbe Kojak 700x35c

Note from the weekend in the wettish Dandenongs, I spun my rear whie while climbing for only the scond time in my life, and it wasnt on a painted line. The tire was a 35mm Kojak. I’m unsure whethere mine are the new oens or old ones, but it was the first chink I have seen in their armour.
A semi-hairly lock up on a hairpin also happened a bit more easily than I thought it would. Interesting day out. Cranking home in the dry, I was again reminded of why I love them so much.

Just fit a pair of these up to some 19mm mavic something road rims.

They measure 31mm wide but are a lot taller tyre then others I have seen.

Progress report: just had my first and second puncture in the space of three rides. First one was possibly from a piece of glass that had worked its way through. But maybe not, cos the second was definitely caused by a piece of wire that had worked through right where the thick rubber transitions to the sidewall area. It’s possible I missed this after the first flat, it was JUST coming thru and resulting in a slow leak. I had to pull it out with pliers, and I don’t think there are too many tyres that it wouldn’t have got through.
Apart from that I’m still really happy with them. The rear is starting to flatten off, but that’s after nearly 1500kms.

I flatted a rando pro with a michelin wire too. After riding down the west coast of the US with no flats, my first commute back to work and I flatted at fred square with one. I managed to get it out with my teeth :-/

Had another flat this morning: I rode over an unseen brick on the motorway and got a slow front tyre leak. Probs just a pinch, hopefully nothing more. The tyres are still holding up really well.

Rode a set of these for the Roobaix on Slinky’s Cube CX. Awesome tyre - so damn quick! And could smash it over EVERYTHING! Defs getting a set once my current tyres are done.

Replaced my hyper randos with kojaks this morning while putting my cross check back together. Had 5 punctures in 6 days on the rear with the randos all with small pieces of wire like heavy metal described above

Side wall puncture this morning. Doing about 35km/h on the m4, hit what I’m assuming was a decent piece of wire or chunk of metal, as it went in, then hit the seat stay and came out. Fortunately there was a nice safe spot behind a guard rail to change the tube, and amongst the rubbish I found the business card of a gastroenterologist to boot the tyre. Not a big hole, but better safe than sorry.
So, that’s the trade off of having nice supple side walls I guess. Though I’m not really sure that anything short of a kevlar belt all the way to the bead would’ve stopped this puncture. Also, changing tubes in the dark when it’s 5 degrees is infinitely better than changing tubes when its 38 degrees and you’ve run out of water.

Got my first puncture in the Kojaks this morning (riding at 60 psi). So thats 1 puncture in 200kms of city riding. Some sort of metal on the road. Not much PP but still very nice tyres to ride.

Got the bike packed up, got all dressed ready to go, went to roll bike out front door and the front tyre was dead flat. Will investigate this afternoon. This is the 3rd or 4th flat I’ve had on these tyres. They ride super nice, but am beginning to think they’re just a touch fragile for the crater- and wire-strewn roads of Sydney.

Just sound like worn out tyres really - either that or time to replace rim tape? Do you run them at lower pressures? I’ve beefed mine up to 80psi and no more punctures.

Turns out it was a shitty stick-on patch that had de-stuck. So this one counts as a non-puncture. I’ve been running them around 65-70, comfy enough.

Try conti contacts.

No. Once these are done I’m straight back to rando hypers.

Holy Shit! How did you not come off??

All I can figure is that I hit it square on, so wasn’t thrown off balance too much. Scared the shit out of me tho.

airless tyres bro.

Supple.

Will lend personal tyres.

Hey, ah, looks like there’s a mufuckin’ DEAL on with these tyres at velogear: Hybrid Tyres 700x28 to 42 - Tyres - CYCLING - Velogear

It sez you order one and they send out two… I’ve done this, let’s see what happens. That would mean that with shipping you get two tyres for $32… Deal.