Seagull messenger bags

yeah the MER stuff looks good, nice and basic, nothing to clutter anything up. Doesn’t look as finished as the Seagull’s, but good bang for your buck.

Glad that i made the right decision of buying Seagull!
I thought I was the only one who thinks that

hey fizzuk, thats just my opinion, and I could be wrong. I’d suggest you form your own opinion from your own research. And no you’re not the only one who thinks Seagull are good, if you’ve been trawling the other fixie and cycling sites out there, you’ll find tonnes of topics about messenger bags and Seagull comes up pretty often. I like Seagull because they offered a better custom option on the bag I wanted, your mileage my vary.

I got quoted the same and I think for that postage plus the price of the bag you are getting up towards a Bo Gear bag sindrome (I think?) so I’m going to try that first.

Yes, its just a bit cheaper than Bo Gear sindrome. But i prefer the look of Seagull more. And to be honest, MADE IN USA alway gets me everytime, I dont know why.

Yes, its just a bit cheaper than Bo Gear sindrome. But i prefer the look of Seagull more. And to be honest, MADE IN USA alway gets me everytime, I dont know why.

Fair enough, I already own a chrome so I thought I’d try something different this time.

MADE IN USA over MADE IN AUS…? BO gear offer a full warranty on any damage in the first year from purcahase. If you need repairs/anything fuck ups its gonna either cost you on postage to get it back or youll have to get it repaired here. Why not support local bussiness and riders?

The main reason that i choose Seagull is, as i said before, i like the look of it more than BO gear.
I actually care about the form just as much the functionality and i dont really like BO gear bag design really…
just a personal opinion

Are people more interested in messengers or backpacks?? Backpacks are way more convenient

i like messengers cuz it looks cooler but probably backpacks are better for functionality

You’re really flogging a dead horse here aren’t you.

ive just recieve my black bag in large
love it!
the quality is amazing and it looks dope!

how long did it take to get your bag from placing an order?

I’m looking to get a new one but ship off overseas end of July.

it took about 12 days!

i dont get it? looks just like any other all black bag? yes including a BO (tho IMHO it appears to lack a few crucial things that the BO bags do infact have which make riding in it for 10 hrs a day a dream), but maybe im wrong as we cant really see much in the pic :slight_smile:

got any more photos to back up claimed dope-ness?

i personally like the logo and the strap is really comfy and easy to adjust. personally preference really…

(i cant really compare to BO gear cuz i havent seen one in real life but for the size of this bag BO gear is more expensive)

and that is the crux of the issue. yes seagull make a decent bag, but if you only look at size you miss a lot of key comparisons. the BO Bags are way better designed at the comparative size. they include a metric-fark-ton of different features that mean the bag is more functional both empty and full. and more importantly more useful/comfortable when full. of course if you are just comapring it to a north face/incase messenger bag then sure the seagull is streets ahead.

the seagull black bag is/was a great idea, as it hits the volunteer messenger market perfectly. minimal features, no add-ons, cheap price (as they make then in batches). the guy behind the company is a really nice dude and very supportive of event in the US. but i have issues with their buckles and the sometimes ‘agricultural’ nature of the sewing/finishing (though that may have improved).

i cant say i’ve even seen anyone put the logo design as a feature in a bag review before :wink:

FWIW: I saw Cale’s elephantitus on the weekend. i had a long hard look at it and i continue to praise Dave (and crew) for the thought/work he is putting into his bags.

i understand that there are a lot of features that Bo gear offer, but im not a courier and i think i would never use some of those feature.
so, i think the black bag is a good buy for me, a big, durable, bag with awesome strap IMO!

and i agree with your logic (as stated here) but you only mentioned the size/$ comparison (and the logo) so i was looking to correct you.