Share house

be sure to be driving home at about 3.15 the aye? =D

4 hours? Foreplay began at the housemate interview??

This concerns me a bit…

On Fridays I have it all planned. Gonna wash the car in the front yard, wearing something sexy and watching all the little girlies come over from the bus stop to ask for a cigarette :wink:

Yeah me too, but meh jamiee adores me so I don’t think we’ll have an issue. The other housemate, yeow he’s gotta treat her like a princess or he’s gonna get chomped.

Also there’s 2 cats and they’re pretty cool, the dogs a bit of a dick though. Just jumped on my xbox controller an cancelled my download, the prick.
Also I can’t find my filters, gah.

“That’s what I love about high school chicks, I get older and they stay the same age… oh yea!”

The border of doveton and endeavor hills does not equal amazing.

come to thornbury dylan, youll feel better for it

Dude, Always have at least one spare roll of toilet paper stashed in your room! And if you find you need it, use it and take the roll back to your room. Also, if the group can’t manage the dishes as a team get your own weird colour IKEA crap and if it comes to it… FUCK EM AND TELL EM FUCK EM.

By comparison erle, and for $90 a week, it’ll do.

I can’t argue with that.

Blakey’s advice on page 1 is spot on.

Trick to being a good housemate is what makes good member of any holdhold. That is being considerate, socialable without being clingy, good-humoured, and do your share without being prompted.

Always pay your share of the bills on time. Clean up after yourself. Don’t take people to task for shit that doesn’t really matter. And never leave notes. Fuck that shit about locks on doors - if you can’t trust your housemates best not be living with them. (Don’t live with addicts of any kind).

Being a good housemate is pretty easy but sometimes it takes a few goes to find the right match, like anything really.

This. I’ve found a good way to deal with the unpleasant task of telling housemates what to do is to share responsibility for the problem. I.e. Instead of saying “you guys need to start cleaning your dishes”, try “we all need to make more of an effort to keep the kitchen clean”. Sure it feels like a cop-out, but it helps to maintain the peace.

With housework, my advice is to lead by example but not be a smug prick about it. If they don’t cotton on you know you need some better flatmates. No point trying to convert people.

My housemate gets in cleaning frenzies though, she was vacuuming the other housemates work van just because she felt compelled to, weird hey? Good stuff though, I like it.

This goes perfect with your avatar.

My tip: If you’re even one bit forgetful write everything down, It’s a shameful situation when you have a debate with no grounds to debate upon.

I was kicked out a few days early from a friend of a friend’s place for this reason.

a) live alone

b) if you can’t live alone, live with women, preferably woman that are a little older than you

c) keep things tidy and clean up after yourself, especially the bathroom

d) set money aside for rent/food/utilities etc + a little extra - don’t spend it anything else !!!

e) you don’t always have to hang out or do things with your flat mates

That sounds very passive aggressive…

I live on north terrace roughly 45 seconds from the city. I pay $73 a week. I love Adelaide!

There’s been great advice in here so far - here’s mine.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you. If you take something from your housemate expect them to nick something of yours. If you keep them up all night before they have work then look forward to the same treatment in return. All you gotta do is respect your housemates personal space, property and their commitments.

Any behaviour that you don’t appreciate, like people walking into your room without knocking, you’d better let them know as soon as possible and stomp that shit out before it becomes habitual.

It’s been said but it’s worth reiterating. Keep your shit clean, if their is a cleaning routine make sure you’re involved and if there is no routine then implement one.

Buy something for the house since you just moved in. When I moved in there was already a fridge, washing machine etc so I bought some outdoor furniture, a lawnmower and a fireplace.

Photocopy your bills and keep all your receipts.

Keep a neat and tidy front yard. You never know when the landlord, agent, friend of the landlord is going to drive past. I just planted a few roses the other day (free cuttings from mum), stuff like that makes you look good.

Be polite, respectful but stick up for yourself or people will slowly take advantage of your weakness/kindness/generosity.

Enjoy never hearing your mum tell you to clean your room ever again!

Fucken hell, I’m so happy to be out of the sharehouse rigmarole. I