Shimano Ultegra RX Derailleurs!

I’m with pinzo on this. I think I get it, but who really knows.

i remember this one time i saw HMC riding a folding e-bike in the granny gear (42t).

haters will tell you it’s lies.

thats defs lies. unlike a certain grub who left a fellow fixie comrade languishing with one crank.

the only crank here is you, pal.

fml

Grind that gear

I got one of these, fitted up feels good. I reckon you could squeeze a 11-40 cassette in most frames with it.

Nothing new about this, my xtr 10 speed RD has this shadow plus. Remarketing it for all the gravel craze

Except 11 speed and works with road shifters out of the box.

where’s the fun in that then haha

Good point.

Really?

Yes? Thought that was the whole point. Unless you’re being facetious, in which case, carry on.

The mechanical variant of the clutched road derailleur is probably the biggest deal for drop bar adventure riders, as it will offer reasonable pricing and compatibility with all of Shimano’s latest series of 11-speed road dual control levers (Dura-Ace R9100 or 9000, Ultegra R8000 or 6800, plus the new 105 R7000 or previous 5800 groups.)

I was genuinely asking as I thought the MTB and road series weren’t compatible.
I have what I think is first generation road hydro 11 speed but it should have the same cable pull as the current stuff since it works with my r8000 derailleur.
This is great news.

Edit: I thought you meant XTR 11 speed works with road levers. I just realised you meant R8000.

Yeah, this is a sign that Shimano is taking the gravel/allroad market seriously. Now they just need to get on the nerdcrank bandwagon.

pretty sure greg at wheelhaus ran the xtr on his 1x11 set up. whilst waiting tfor the rx to come in.

wot is nerdcrank

so touring?

no