Shorts

cheers ads, i ride with a camelback so dont really use my pockets. Rapha is a little exxy! although with that 20% voucher its pretty reasonable.

Not to mention those import duties.

Eh, Adz? Eh? Eh?

I’ve just re-upped on the touring shorts.

I’ve had two pairs going since 2012 that are near End of life

I don’t mind the pockets as the back pocket is comfy with phone and some cash.

Uniqlo do some pretty damn good shorts. Can’t remember what they’re called, but they’re a normal short with pockets and a fly and all that, but are made of some miracle slightly stretchy quick-drying material. I wore them with regular stretchy cotton boxers on a 180km ride and suffered zero taintal consequences. I think they were only $30 or something too.

Ended up nabbing some TLD Ace shorts from Pushys.

$270 to $119, minus extra $20 if i spend over $120 because of their half yearly sale. Grabbed some $1.50 grips to get me over the threshold

Happy with that

http://www.pushys.com.au/troy-lee-designs-ace-mtb-shorts-black-2014.html

I’ve always been keen to try Outlier’s Three Way shorts (or whatever they’re called now).

Never pulled the trigger though.

If you’re a size 28, Gear has a pair in stock on clearance. Worth a try.

Man, I went in the other day sorta hoping/expecting they’d have exactly that but no dice. Maybe 'cause winter

Yeah, probs. I got mine at the end of summer, and I had to really look around the shop.

Yeah but now they have turtlenecks so you can’t really complain.

Settle down, Archer.

they had them about a month ago on clearance (maybe $10?)… but only in bright green.

SWRVE shorts are great, as mentioned earlier.

1st ride in them this morning, felt great!

Inner chamois shorts were comfy, not as padded as normal bibshorts, but sufficient, they also didnt move around or anything. Shorts themselves were good, stretchy and light. Enough room for my Fox knee pads. Waist band velco to adjust, i like the fit, not overly baggy like the FOX ones i tried, maybe cos they were more XC orientated.

Like most things, didnt even have to think about/adjust them at all during the ride, so a good sign they did the job well.

Would recommend if you can get em at a decent price.