Sleeping set ups

Gossan Hill?

Nope, but that would also be an option. Anyway, sorry, that was off-topic, but I was kind of struck with how close I was to everything, yet still “away from it all”.
re: mats vs bags to upgrade, since a lot of people here seem to love quilts, maybe that should be a consideration? a warmer mat means if you wanna quilt it one day, you can with less thermal consequences.

Depends how cold it is? I finally used my Enlightened Equipment -1 quilt on my ‘holey’ uninsulated Klymit Inertia mat. Kept the quilt joined at the mat strap and foot box zipped and wore merino longs and wool socks with temps perhaps around 4-5 degrees and was warm. I had also packed an Emergency blanket just lay under the mat to help reflect warmth but never used it…

Cool! Thanks all for the insight. I’ll be asking for advice on mats soon enough. Will leave the sleeping bag for later considering I dropped $80 on that thermal liner…

About to pull the trigger on a Nemo Insulated mat. Rated -3 to -9 minimum. Good option?

Thanks all

I didn’t rate the built in pillow on the nemos.

Shelter : - Terra Rosa ‘wilderness’ Tarp - Cause local, cause light, cause I like being exposed(or not cooped up in a tent)
Mat : - Exped Synmat 7UL - Cause recommended and bogong had a sale. I’ve spent 50+ nights on it now, pretty happy overall.
Bag : - Enlightened Equipment prodigy -1c - Cause I wanted light, synthetic because I always seem to end up damp for one reason and cause I cant justify the $800+ on fancy water resistant down. And because I hate mummy shaped bags.
Pillow : - random Exped something. I’ve tried and just couldn’t deal with stuff sack + clothes.

Tested down to -1 this weekend gone… Mat needed to be blown up to stiff to be comfortable, any softer and the cold started coming up… quilt worked amazingly and with thermals on had another couple degree’s in it, possibly more with a liner. Took me a few goes to get tucked in and comfortable, glad I sacrificed a little weight and went the wide option.

Purchased on the very fine line of minimum budget, but trying to retain light and usable. Overall I probably wouldn’t change much, might buy a bug net so I don’t provide a free feed to leeches and mozzies overnight.

What’s the groundsheet shakes?

Terra Rosa custom. I asked Evan to make me one when he made the tarp…

2m x 1.2m-ish. Big enough my shit doesnt get dirty. 60D maybe?

Evan’s a dude eh.

That tarp looks good, tempted. Cuben reinforced tie outs is a nice touch. How’s that size going for you?

Nice setup Shakes, I’ve been looking at the same tarp from Terra Rosa.
How does it go size wise? Get enough coverage?

So after a lot of questions, more questions, research, and more questions. I have finally got my sleeping set up for adventures. This is what I have settled on.

• Big Agnes Copper Spur UL Tent
  • Exped Synmat UL 7
  • Enlightened Equipment Revelation Quilt (-6 with Downteck)
  • Sea to Summit Pillow

Experience wise - I have none yet as I only set this up on the in laws fake grass over the weekend (how green and lush is it!!) to see how it all works, how much room the tent has and just to get my head around packing, unpacking etc. A review will come when I actually get it out in the wild.

I do have a concern about not having a groundsheet for the tent. The floor material seems super light weight.

Textbook.

That’s the heavier pillow though…

Nice set up! I bought the Big Agnes groundsheet for my Fly Creek UL1 for that reason. Only added ~ 100g and minimal bulk…

Hey cool you got the two person!

Don’t sweat the groundsheet, just sweep your site for pointy sticks and rock and you’ll be okay

Yeah, the added weight and pack size for another person/more room was minimal. Then I have the option of doing overnight hikes with the wife if the opportunity ever comes up.

fuck! Burn it all and start again!!

What’s the total weight though? TELL US THE IMPORTANT THINGS, EZY!

I have no idea, I don’t have any access to scales at the moment.