Sleeping set ups

lelz. I need to pay more attention.

Yep. You lose your ‘tuck’ otherwise. Which lets out heaps of heat as I discovered.

Anyone doing an EE order soon wanna chuck on some straps for me? I got a secondhand one that didn’t come with em and it’s $20 shipping min

My Terra Rosa wilderness tarp arrived today.

great service and quality workmanship, tieouts look beefy but its still v. light. Seemed big when I pulled it out but when i got underneath in an a frame i realised it was the perfect size for me (180 cm). I’ll through up some pics when i get my set up dialed.

Anyone know where to get some line loc 3’s in Aus?

Sweet. Pretty interested in these.

PM your address I’ll chuck some in an envelope, otherwise http://www.tiergear.com.au/

Beat me to it Zach - yep tiergear is run by a pretty rad guy Simon.

He has some silpoly inbound if anyone is interested in making their own tarps.

+1 on the setup pics. That’s the tarp I was looking at grabbing. Did you go silnylon or tyvek.

Silnylon, dark green for stealthyness.

I’ve got some 3mm cord and have some lineloc 3’s on the way thanks to zac. I’ll shoot up some pics this weekend.

Anyone have any experience with the Sea To Summit Spark sleeping bags?

The size and weight of it is very appealing… the price not so much. But I seems to be in line with most other ultralight down bags.

I took a look at the other quilt style bags but I like the flexibility of an enclosed bag if I use it to crash on someones couch or even car.

I have the trek, but will probably invest in the micro for my next bag.

I think Manatra has one, and maybe tom., but one might have an EE or something.

The Spark was top of my list if I didn’t EE, but you’re right; they’re exy. I’d loan you my EE if you were in Melbs (you’re not, right?). I’m really pleased with it.

Unfortunately I am in Sydney but cheers for the offer.
The spark and the EE Enigma are both right at the top of my list. But I move a lot when I sleep, or at least as I’m trying to sleep, so can’t see myself loving a quilt style bag. Trying to decide now before our dollar gets even worse.

I move a lot too, but it hasn’t been an issue for me. I use the clips on a sleeping mat though. On a couch it’d be fine as a quilt, and in a car I’d probably still use some sort of mat. I understand the concern with quilts, but I’ve found the transition to be fine. Spark would be ace though.

Sweet thread, I hope to contribute some pictures soon.

I’ve been doing some work with the army and just spent three weeks ‘camping’ about two hours from Rockhampton. There was ice on the ground on some mornings and my Garmin said it was 1 degree. I realise I need a bivvy bag and a better sleeping bag than the one they issue. I’m also going to buy a ground mat. All of this setup has to be light weight and small when it packs down.

The only problem I have is that the bivvy bag has to be green or brown, which rules out anything from Outdoor Research which has broken my heart. I also want it to have a mosquito net and provision for a hoop-type pole to keep it off my face. Any ideas from you learned folks?

Recon sleeping bag and bivvy from kitbag.com.au

Green is a pretty common colour for silnylon/momentum/event etc hey, just depends how much you wanna spend, most cottage places do green e.g. TiGoat, mountain laurel designs, zpacks, katabatic and most of em have options for noseeum mesh with a pull-out.

rei minimalist bivy is cheap and green too

Kumo Keith fam special!

Even though the chances of me having night/nights away from the fam are slim to none, I find myself looking at bivvys and sleeping bags…

Also if you don’t wanna wait 6+ months for a bivy, keep an eye on the BPL classifieds, dudes sell heaps of gear for cheap, some aussies, I got a subscription and will PM dudes for you if you wa