Some suntour bits, Radelaide.

Spotted this,and asked a Q.

Australian Made Vortex 10 Speed Racing Road Bike (eBay item 280712866445 end time 26-Jul-11 23:10:16 AEST) : Sport

"Hi

Pick up is either from Gawler or Prospect, I travel regularly between the two places.

The wheels are 25 inch and the derailleurs are suntour cyclone on the front and suntour vx on the rear. The hubs are sunshine on the back and the front hub is unbranded."

Dunno about the wheelsize, but I’m thinkin those cranks look kinda like sugino’s maybe?

would make sense; suntour derailleurs, sunshin hubs, sugino cranks. back before the Japanese manufacturers did everything themselves this combination was often used together.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere on the Sheldon Brown site that Suntour cranks were made by Sugino… but they may be the Superbe Pro?

In 1981 Superbe Pro was introduced. Good stuff, the early to mid 80s Superbe Pro friction group is probably my favorite. Commands a premium price on ebay (I would know, I’m selling a group on there right now). Superbe was now second-best, with Cyclone below that. ARx, AR and BL (Blue Line, which featured interesting blue details on the components) were also introduced. Brakes and brake levers were rebadged Dia-Compes and I think the cranks and BBs were made by Sugino (all the ones I’ve seen come with a Sugino marked grease condom, in any case)

I’ll be in radelaide tonight. Should buy this lol

This Bike has been in the shed for a few years waiting for some HLC.

I’m outa cash, but if it goes for a song it’d probably worth it for the cranks and hubs.