Spinergy help

ok, i just thought id ask this.

we are seeing a lot of failures in Spinergy’s used as a front wheel, causing people to smash up their face.

I didnt read anything about what happens when spinergys fail on the rear??? which makes it tempting for me to look at buying one, for hipster street cred. A 'spoke would be nice, but a spinergy would be different.

talk me out of it please. I cant imagine much human damage happening from a rear wheel collapsing. aside from crushing your nuts free falling onto your saddle and breaking your coccix (sp?)

just get a rear trispoke/aerospoke, spinergys look shit imo.
(also you could get 2 hubs for the spoke, i think someone on the forum is selling it, goose i think)

It is not all about smashing your face. Front or rear, you will stop rolling and eat shit. And if you are in traffic probably you will end up under a car and eating shit. Just think of one of those moments: you’re racing through the city in peak hour, a car starts to veer towards you in a non-indicating-perhaps-they’re-parking-perhaps-they’re-turning movements, you decide to veer right sharply and put the foot down to overtake them and get clear, hit a pothole, and then CRACK your back wheel blows and you’re thrown sideways in front of the next car behind you. Damn.

Personally, I like to have a bike I know I can trust completely – and, sure a car might do something stupid to kill me, but at the least I want to know my personal and structural limits on the machine.

thanks for that, thats what i needed hahaha

moral to story kids, dont ride spinergys on the street (if at all?)