Spotted Thread

Hi All,

Now we have our own Canberran section, I thought it would be time to put up a spotted thread.

For those who haven’t played before, a spotted thread is for well… uh… spotting things.

Things like other member’s bikes, other cool bikes you see around the traps, and sometimes even non-bike related cool things. (like a random person running naked down the street etc etc…) Basically if you spot a cool bike, take a happy snap and post it on here.

I figure that as we have more and more meet ups, we’ll get to know each other’s bikes. So it kinda becomes fun to spot other forum members when they’re out and about!

Spot away people! I’ll kick it off…

I think I spotted Trevi’s bike on the front of an Action bus in the City interchange a bit before 4pm this arvo. The only reason I noticed it was that it was the same bike as mine, so unless there are more than two Cing1e’s in the ACT, I assume it was Trevi!

I spotted Trev’s bike this afternoon too. I know it was Trev’s bike because Trev was on it and then I spoke to him.

Good thread idea though!

What about the dude on the Fuji Track that said hello to Trev and I while we were standing in the middle of the road chatting!

cool thread . green masi. dickson woolies.nice frame ugly bar tape.

it would seem i post to much. but today i spotted zippdisc rearwhell man.at the swap. didnt sell anything bought stuff.

Yeah, names keith, but i prefer zippdisc man, sounds like I am some sort of hipster comic hero.
Saw your red fixed for sale, wanted to buy the blue frame but got no cashes to fork out

well if you come along tomorrow i promise to let you have a ride and there you will have to own it you zippman comic hipster dude, you. Luke

hey man! yeah that was me - i slept from tuggeranong to civic on the backseat of the bus… golf day (beers from 0800 while walking for miles in the sun is a bad idea… but oh so good!)

yeah, re the fuji dude… he was quite a snazzy dresser wasn’t he? anyone on here? spotted on the road at the Turner PCYC - came up to me and jack as we were talking.

also, hello to all the fixie riders at the swap meet this morning! i saw keith-zip-disc-comic-sans-serrif-man’s bike.

word to luketherider also…

yeah, re the fuji dude… he was quite a snazzy dresser wasn’t he? anyone on here? spotted on the road at the Turner PCYC - came up to me and jack as we were talking.

[/quote]

That’s Ishak, I don’t think he posts on this forum though.

also, hello to all the fixie riders at the swap meet this morning! i saw keith-zip-disc-comic-sans-serrif-man’s bike.

word to luketherider also…

What swap meet?

out side front cafe in lyneham. not bad got a cinelli head set and couple of sets of riser bars. some nice ponies

the swap meet wasn’t advertised very widely, and sadly not too many people came - there were only a couple of people actually selling stuff. hopefully if it happens again they’ll get the word out a bit better

yeah, one of my mates told me about the swap meet after it happened. I’m in for the next one!

Yeah, if the swap meet happens again i’ll come better prepared, i have a whole garage full of cool bike crap to sell.
I only heard about it on this forum

just got notice of another 'vintage,ss, fix ’ swap meet, sell shit stuff thing ,gto the notice in the salon will post details 2morrow.

Saw two and a half today:

blue peugeot ss conversion locked up next to my bike opposite tongue & groove at around 5pm this afternoon. I thought it was a sweet fixie until I saw the rear brake :frowning:

getting some food at around quarter to seven I saw:

asian girl on a khs flite leaving the braddon zambrero’s, had risers or at the very least a flat bar.

turned around to see someone on a blue fixie whiz past going north, thought it was cal but the helmet seemed wrong? maybe my eyes were wrong.

maybe my eyes were just distracted by the colnago.

Silver fixie with track bars and front brake on Barton Hwy then in Dickson this morning, perhaps too low gearing as he was spinning like a champion. :-o

Way too many SS conversions to mention, i get my hopes up then i see them coast…

i think i saw the mystery civic fuji obey actually being ridden last nightt -pulled up outside city labor club. wasn’t there long enough for me to go check it out though

Yeah I saw the fuji obey being ridden through civic at about lunch time

saw the fuji, lyneham shops. also a black frame fixed with light blus wheels in dickson. and then some one riding fixed in hackett wanted to chase but riding 6yr old to school.

I had a couple good spots on Northbourne Av during my ride home this arvo.

1 - A girl riding a converted ss mongoose roadbike. We had a quick chat and then I overtook her.

2 - I got overtaken by an ACTAS rider who had a lopsided crank setup, where one crank was a inch long (no joke!) I asked if it was some kind of one legged training drill, but it turns out she was actually a paralympic track cyclist. So we had a quick chat about fixed gear riding and off she flew. She was a seriously quick cyclist (no surprises there!)