Spotted Thread

saw a yellow ss masi…dude was wearing bianchi jersey and shorts

spotted you rattling the forum admin’s cages the other day over in the for sale section. I Lol’d. Those for sale rules are a bit over the top if you ask me…

I had too… all tho Im usually not a person that does that.

shit man thats funny .Saw a salse cassorole today then …coast. damn.

I saw one of the skmocan guys on London Cct a little before 2am last night, white frame / big round (oxford?) wide handlebars, and pegs on the rear wheel. for dinking people? or tricks? shrugs.

An orange retro fixe on Saurday on the bike path near Lynham. Then a multi coloured fixie on the lake near the art gallery. Two nice bikes.

thats me my new frame a Abeni europa crome forks. orange rear D V.

Also re the "ghotst’ Fuji ,was at my lbs and he said he had being in for some new froks after a ‘brakeless’ stack. i was the guy near lyneham

Saw that same multicoloured one on Sat too Ty.

All white fixie chained up at All Bar this arvo? Never saw the rider, but it looked real nice!

All white would have been damian, ran in to him somewhere near there on the way home.

spotted a volvo pulling out in front of me on Northbourne Av… Pity it was too late to stop.

He must have decided that bikes dont count as vehicles to give way to…

Also spotted a large bum sized dent in his passenger door.

Volvos are built pretty tough, but my ass is tougher!

The bike got off without a scratch, and I managed to hit his car with my handlebar so both wheels are intact and still perfectly true… just scratched up a pair of sunglasses and broke both cleats on my shoes.

The right hand side of my body was not so lucky though… Bit bruised and sore, and cant move my right arm much but nothing broken so pretty lucky really.

Got a free lunch in Hospital though!

I don’t think I’ll be making that ride on sunday guys… :frowning:

Worst excuse ever.

Nah, glad to hear that you are alright bud (apart from the grazing n stuff), could have been worse!

So what happens in a situation like this? There insurance pays for your hospital fees?

A while ago I was first on the scene to a hit and run on Adelaide Av. The dude was KO’d and having convulsions, it wasn’t a pretty sight. Luckily there was an ambo going the other way, and ripped across the nature strip.

Gorgeous black (I think? I was pretty drunk, and it was dark) fixie with gold tapeless drops near locked up near Gus’s and stuff on Saturday night.

I see that one around a fair bit, it is that Fuji obey limited edition fixie. Like this?

Yeah, i’m beginning to think there’s a few around, considering we all see that type of bike in various areas but no one has seen the owner(s) ?!?!?!

I saw one in Manuka, with no brakes and no toe clips :-o

Yep most definitely seen that one with the gold bar and stem combo.

Saw it outside that cafe in civic which runs though the little alley way leading to the zebra. Although the one I saw had toe-clips

hey cirian how the maurice goin’ wanna see some pics of the transformation or even a run down of whats goin on it.

Well that’s a funny story. It was at the Powdercoating place for two weeks after I bought it off you, then after getting it back and rebuilding it and taking it round the block a couple times to make sure everything was right I was all set to ride it to work the next day… Which was the day I had my accident, its all ok luckily. The bike didnt get a scratch. I later realised that the fork was bent. But that is getting fixed at the cost of the driver… :slight_smile:

I’ll be posting pics once it isn’t in pieces all over my garage! But basically it will have all the doo dads that were fitted to herbie, so that means; (detailed list time!)

Custom Vinyl Herbie Decal on headtube
Ritchey Headset (but will be a new Token HS after insurance pays up)
Pro 80mm Stem
Cell Bikes crabon bars
Kalloy polished alloy Seat Post
Token Fizik Arione Copy Saddle
SR Sakae 170mm Cranks
44T KCNC 5mm Downhill chainring
16T Surly Cog
Shimano BB
Velocity track wheel set - Black Anodized
Panaracer T-Serv messenger tyres
Shimano Sora front brake
Soma Ergo Aero brake levers

It felt really good for the 22 and a half minutes I got to ride it for before it got volvo’d. Hopefully it should be better than ever after insurance pays up. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, it now has a small ding in the top tube where my knee got between the frame and the car. But chicks dig scars so that should be cool. :mrgreen:

you should be getting the volvo to buy you a new frame. that is what i’d would do. 'especially if it has a ding. you can argue that the frame is soon to structurally unsound to ride. and he pays. as long as it was his fault.

hey saw no-zip discman today…zipp disc gone?