SS Commuter ideas?

What about a long haul trucker?

EDIT: I mean a cross-check

Hrm, I don’t think I ever took a photo of my crosscheck with mini V’s and fenders and a front rack. The noodle routed between the fender and the rack tang with no issues.

It can be done, but it will depend on how the rack attaches to the fork (crown / blades / canti studs / dropouts / brazeons…), and whether it will interfere with the canti straddle or miniv noodle. In some ways a miniv will be easier as you don’t have to worry about a hanger and using poor straddle setup.

I’ve got a vo pass hunter rack on my crosscheck with mini-v’s with no drama. It mounts to the canti studs and the fork crown. Can take a pic later if required.

For info’s sake, here’s a VO Pass Hunter rack:

Rawland dyno wiring by ah_blake, on Flickr

And here’s a custom Haulin’ Colin rack:

rSogn rack crown by ah_blake, on Flickr

And if you click through and go big you can see the rack/fender/miniv

Shops bikes / Loan bikes by ah_blake, on Flickr

If you have this P&S bracket: Pass&Stow-3-Piece Rack | Flickr - Photo Sharing! you’ll be fine. Especially as you could run it upside down if it does interfere: Pass & Stow Bicycle Racks | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Ah fantastic, thanks for the pictures.
I’m leaning towards Avid Single Digit Ultimate maybe SD7’s on a pompino with the 3 piece rack you mentioned.
Still deciding if I should upgrade to a better fork or just buy the pomp fork.

These are regular V brakes right? So you’ll need linear pull levers, easy for flatbars / rizors, not as easy, but still doable for drop bars. Plus the arms will be longer and the noodle will likely run over the top of the rack strut.

Get the stock fork, don’t bother with crabon for a lockup on the street beater, especially with rack duty.

Yeah regular V-Brakes and I’ll be getting flatbars/rizors.
I was looking at the Kinesis Crosslight 3, its alloy but also half the weight of the pomp fork and only $80. It’s got a lot of positive reviews but i’m not sure if it would be suitable for the P&S rack.

+1 to this. I have a few friends studying in Holland, A’dam, R’dam, Hague and Maastricht. The consenus seems to be that you shouldn’t buy anything nice because those bikes get stolen. I would buy a dutch bike. The slack geometry would suit the cobblestone streets better than any UK/US commuter.

EDIT: Keep your nice bike for riding on the weekends.