Ss nats 2015?

Just got one of these, magic gear or chain tensioner to make it work.
What about a Surly 1x1 with 650B wheels?

Clearly you’d want to run a -10 deg stem.
The Surly fork is 7mm shorter than that Ritchey carbon number but looks taller :stuck_out_tongue:

Mega keen to come along, race, drink, heckle and party.

Have an old trek converted to SS but still would love a proper frame with horizontal drop outs.

GT 29er fro someone: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gt-Peace-Single-Speed-29er-Frame-Fork-/151696002984?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2351c94fa8

If my man on the ground says is boggy and shit, then probably. Walking bikes besides what-used-to-be-trail might be worth the drive.
But if its dry, and we can have some rad rides as well as all the other fun I will try to come for sure.

Dates confirmed for Dec 5/6.

From the FB page:

Hopefully, by now you’ve washed the dirty taste of road racing out of your mouth, and you’ve finally stopped waking up on lounge at 3am on a school night with empty beer bottles but without Rage on the telle.
So now what…ground hog day, slightly dispersed by the odd ride and occasional hang over?
No, wait; I have the answer……
Australia’s national Single Speed race and Jebus (no actual guarantee that Jebus will attend, but I’ve seen photos of a new beard so there is hope). Importantly, you don’t have to be big on Jebus, but from what I know he’s a nice bloke and can ride, mediocre carpenter though.
Also you dont have to race, But please step up with you’re A game and expect to well and truly challenged. Of course you can “just” ride. Either way you will do plenty of K’s, laugh, and catch up with old mates and work hard to remember the names of new ones.
Wake up tomorrow, shit, get started now and begin planning your trip to Woodend for the 5th and 6th December.
Exact details on Accommodation, schedule, dress code, entry and general jive talk to come, but for now get planning, get pumped and spread the word to the Luddites.

Keen, dates are after my last exams. Don’t have an SS though…

Get a surly single eater and cog.

That’s what I’m doing.

Someone buy this Ibis Tranny

referring to the bike as ‘he/she’ the whole ad lol

Ibis Tranny in Camp Hill… lolz.

I’m down. Bought airfares already. First of the Taswegian mob to commit.

Hmmmm tempting is prob need to ride more if I entered this though. Weekend before my birthday :smiley:

Would be awesome to meet you in person! Bring that sweet cotic

I’m keen and trying to raise a WNR crew

@camoshop I think you’ll be fine. I don’t think SS MTB is that serious

Likewise!!! The Cotic is in pieces atm, I’ve got the ss 29er built up tho. Just need a rigid fork to finish it off.

Adelaide riders road trip? Any one else keen? The trails around there are loamy and rad i’m told.
I’m v. keen to do the whole length goldfields trails Ballarat to ??? over a couple of days.*
*Assuming still not working for a living…

Spent the afternoon today on the yarra trails on my recently finished ss26er. I’m keen. Should be fun.

This is going to be good, I’m on the ‘course marking committee’ for it.

Confirmed:

rego link: https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=2761