Summer of track bike is coming. #SOTB

Eddy Merckx Vintage Track Bike | eBay

This could go for hardly anything or for a heap, depending on how early people decide to jump on summer of track bike (sotb)

0 Likes

I saw gene today & he was wearing “trendy” pants & riding his brakeless Look, so it’s definitely coming.

0 Likes

This is nice also, I assume it has never seen the street.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/woodend/bicycles/1980s-hillman-classic-track-bike/1056905970

0 Likes

definitely. sold with spare rings etc, gotta be a race bike.

0 Likes

double post, refer to below!!

0 Likes

A bike with racing pedigree is extra points in the street.

If you wanted to get rid of that mountain bike you bought 6 months ago, now is the time to swap it for this Aerospoke.
Very ironicool in 2014.
Aerospoke Rim 700c Track bike Fixie Fixed gear | Bicycles | Gumtree Australia Manningham Area - Templestowe | 1055805130

0 Likes

ATTN: tall Queenslanders.
This looks bigger than a 58cm.
Track Bike for sale in Greenmount QLD | Track Bike

0 Likes

Too bad it’s not a frameset coz those components aren’t worth it, and you won’t get much flipping them

0 Likes

Low ball him, tell him he can keep the seat and pedals.
Put better seat and pedals on, relace the wheels and the summer is yours!!

0 Likes

Someone please buy the Falcon so I can get my dirty on and get an MTB. Sweet bonuses for keen interested parties ie. extra chain rings and cogs plus a nice track bag for them to live in maybe even some rollers to sweeten the deal even more.
http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f7/shane-suttons-falcon-track-bike-32512/

0 Likes

You’re doing this all wrong Markee, it is the summer of track bike not mountain bikes!!! :wink:

0 Likes

Very excited about the SOTB. Thought it was gonna be last summer, but I was wrong.

0 Likes

Damn hipsters getting into stuff before everyone else

0 Likes

Markee you should buy my mtb so I can buy a summer fixie.

0 Likes

Kenevans Track Bike 55SQ Vintage Fixie Yada Yada Yada in Fitzroy North, VIC | eBay

The paint on this is great.

0 Likes

“Dad, can I turn ya roadbike into a fixie?”
Giant TCR Fixie in Brighton, VIC | eBay

0 Likes

Halo tyre on the rear for heaps of skids.
Fuji Track PRO Single Speed Fixie Track Bike | eBay

0 Likes

Unloved Bianchi Pista with 18 hours left, currently at $152.50.
Bianchi Pista in Portland, VIC | eBay

0 Likes

i have one of these as my race bike.

it’s good but i got it complete, brand new for $612 at a goldcross clear out about 3yrs ago.

i also ride a medium and am 5’10", so i’d wanna check it for size first as they’ve obviously cut the seatpost and it can’t be raised more than an inch or two.

worth a lowball offer, see how ya go, coz if it fits it could be a decent pickup.

my 2c.

0 Likes

^^^The seller has a number of road bikes for sale as well, so maybe he is short on some cash, which would benefit the low baller.

0 Likes