Surf Thread

Just had to post this pic for the simple beauty of it all …

I love matting. That’s reminded me to take one with me this weekend.

For Sime…

Chopes … just for the grand majesty, absolute intensity and mind blowing proportions of it all.

//youtu.be/7woVTuN8k3c

I’m taking Monday off to head up the East Coast of Tassie - Big Southerly is on the way!
Love having such an easy going boss!

Australian firm launches ‘anti-shark’ wetsuits

seems appropriate here. An orca is the one marine animal I haven’t seen in the wild that I’d love to see

Eight-ton orca leaps 15ft into the air to finally capture dolphin after two-hour chase | Mail Online

Did realise Sharks were so fashion conscious.

Built this over the weekend.

Did a workshop which was put together through Patagonia and Dovetail Surfboards. Was a bunch of fun and came away with a handplane which i shaped myself which I am stoked about!

A few weeks old but got a new board as well. Custom 5’10" quad.

No swell up in QLD for 2 weeks now! Whats everyone else been doing?

I hadn’t been in the water for about a month - pretty sure it’s been longer (No swell and I’d also been on a snowboarding holiday in NZ)…
Set the alarm early this morning to go and get wet before work - Was 3-4ft and messy… Copped quite a few on the head, but also snagged a few fun ones.
Worth the early wake up? Yeah. Usually I wouldn’t have even got in with how it was, but I was keen to just get out there - I would’ve been happy if I didn’t even get a single wave I reckon - The sunrise was epic.

wow, only just saw this. fkn incredible how high that thing is!!

Brad Domke - Tow-in Skimboarding? Finless Surfing? - Exile Skimboards - YouTube

This also belongs here. Been watching a heap of youtube lately, all wave riding related. This was pretty mind blowing!

Sweet film about/with Joel Tudor.
https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/openGraph/wid/0_pzd9wgf2

Yeah Mats…took a couple of mats with us to the sunny coast last week* instead of boogie boards. Mix together two kids, two surfmats and a sucky shore break and watch the fun!

(*and they fit in carry-on)

and there was a group of old dudes out at dawn every day with hand planes having an absolute ball of it. Must get busy and shape up a couple.

There’s a film that Thomas Campbell made called Sprout. In it Dan Malloy, Rasta and Mike Stewart shred the hell out of some surf mats.

not the most practical, points for effort tho

Bike Trailer FOR Sailboards Windsurfers Malibuboards ETC in Moreton, QLD | eBay

Hand planes look pretty fun. I might pull my flippers out at my parents house and go body surfing this summer (if there’s any decent swell near their house).

Was torn between dredging the surf thread or putting this in “small joys”…

Skimboarding The Wedge:

//youtu.be/PWrRXGvNSBg

That place is amazing and made me buy my first skim board from just down the road,
It was huge when I was there though so I didn’t go out

Swans at Kirra … surfing !!!

Surfing swans video|Black swans surf waves at Kirra, Gold Coast