Sweet Klein Quantum road bike

dont these frames take some stupid bb standard that doesnt exist any more and is impossible to replace?

Is it cracked? Drivetrain worn? It should be gone! If it fits and is ready to ride, someone should buy this.

Flouro Klein with gum sidewalls = outta your mind?

Oh, and Alex, press fit bearings for square taper spindles. Replacable and awesome. Newer ones (trek years?) are threaded as normal.

can these frames take a hollowtech II crank then?

genuine question

if it can take hollowtech II and had a 1 1/8 threadless front i would buy this

I’m not sure, but I a total guess is that the shell would be threadable to use hollowtech 2. Almost certainly a 1" steerer needed, though. I almost wanted to thread mine, but I dont mind the square taper at all.

I reckon you could use special Phil cups in place of the 6003 bearings and run a HTII crank.
Phil Wood & Co.

yep im with you… but too much hassle to f with it really, and the 1" front is so limiting these days

1" > to 1 1/8" shimmed?

You have to leave your stem slammed for that, otherwise it looks rubbish.

For me that’s not much of an issue, but for a lot of other people it wouldn’t give the correct fit - unless you run an erecto stem.

Yeah, I depends on your set up.

I didn’t realised it was 1" threaded, thought it was 1" threadless. Anyway, I’m not a huge fan of ahead converters on old steel road frames, especially when you can get nice bars in normal or compact drop and reach.

But limiting in the sense that 1" just feels noodley.

I can’t comment on 1" vs 1 1/8" as I’ve only ever ridden the former, so I’ll keep my input out now.

Mods self moderating?

except this is not a steel frame… but yes it looks terrible usually

You can get quill converters with a longer 1 1/8 section, so you can raise the stem and put spacers underneath so you dont have that horrible gap between the headset and the stem.

Even though ive ridden both, im too noob to discern any real differences.