Swift Campout?

Good Band Name.

I’ll let you suss the rerturn route, unless we have 8+ a vline train home, or just ride home will be fine I reckon.

I’m planning on carrying a bag of firewood, like the ones you get from the servo. Two rear panniers full or BOB trailer full? Can anyone else add some carrying capacity to bring some too?

I could bring a cargo bike… Probably won’t thou.

P.s. one 20kg bag lasted us till ~1am maybe.

Yeah cool, would just be good if we could divvy up such a bag a bit. Will forget the BOB and run rear panniers for the task.

WTP: if I make it I’m keen to haul BOB trailer for resistance training :slight_smile:

Got 135x10mm QR rear? If so, no worries. Might make the train a bit tougher, but shouldn’t rule it out I reckon.

I can bring the rear panniers too for wood

I might be down for the ride but will have to time trial it home in the dark, flying out to Japan at 6am Sunday. I’ll give this a bit more thought because it might be ridiculous/I might not be ready. Last minute gear testing!

Quite, but maybe fun.

Yeah, so, to everyone, let’s sort a few other things out.

Whisky? I have some to bring. I’m tempted to bring a bottle of red too.

Otherwise, everyone is to bring their own food and camping gear. I’m kinda tempted to cook up a batch of porridge in the morning though, if there’s super keenness. And/or a pot of hobo coffee. I plan on getting a bag or two of firewood in Werribee and divvying it up amongst us all.

Cool, I have some Jameson in the cupboard. I’d eat porridge if it’s on the menu. I have a bunch of milk powder so I’ll bring some of that.

Fire wood plan sounds good to me.

Weather looks chilly but dry which is a plus.

Hi Guys
It’s Amy here. I’m in, hope you don’t mind if I slow you down a bit.
Have spoken to Pete already regarding a few things, but I’m not sure I’ll make it all the way back riding, so might jump onto a train somewhere along the way if you guys ride all the way back.
Will check back for more details. Looking forward to it.
Cheers!

Sounds good Amy.

Should be fun (and a bit chilly). The 9:27 flinders (to Werribee) still the go sat morning?

PTV is actually saying it leaves at 0924hrs now. I might get the one before at 0904hrs and go and find some firewood. There’s a few servos, a Bunnings and a Woolies nearby. Then we can divvy it up and roll out once the next train gets in. Please have a bit of extra capacity for a few lumps of wood.

Weather’s looking reasonable. I’ll go regardless, but don’t feel too bad for pulling out if it’s shit. Might be good to know if you do pull out though. If you come and get lost or drop off the back or detour or bust out up front, that’s fine. I’m not going to worry about you or feel any responsibility (because I won’t have any). If you get lost though and need help, just call me. I’ll give you my number on the day.

Just to clarify, we’re all self catering*. As MikeD suggested, lets take our own lunch. If you want to duck into Anakie that’s fine, but I’m not planning on doing it.

I’ll bring some whisky to share. Please bring a bit too if you want some. I’m not planning on getting too loose though.

We’ll be following this route (Thanks MikeD).

Can I get a show of hands of who’s coming please?

Any questions/queries?

(* - I’ve been talking to a couple of people I’m sharing food with, so you’re not included in this)

Cool see you there Sat.

I’m 95% in, a little sick at the mo, but I’ll be fine by Sat I reckon.

Will have space for a couple of chunks of wood or more.

Will bring whisky.

Will bring cooker.

Will bring some other shit.

I think I’m also in.

Will bring myself.

Will bring a smile.

Thanks for organising, Pete! Had a great time.

Managed to coordinate perfectly with 7am vline :slight_smile:

Bombing Thompsons rd on a road bike by myself @ 4:30am was good fun. Sw8 views of the suburbs lit up.

Hey, thanks MikeD for route and location and stuff.

And thanks all for coming. Was a blast!

Cold night last night??

Yup!

Took them at about 9am.