[SYD] wednesday night

the more the merrier.

i’m from melbourne, but i’m moving up to sydney in three weeks

so once i’m up there i’ll join you guys for some fixed rides.
learn my way around sydney

so last night was fun, but there was only 4 of us. where is everyone?

i see heaps of people around and about riding fixed - come to the pub on a wednesday and have a beer, meet some friendly guys, perv on some shiney bikes and then see how fast you can move your legs*

*the scientific ratio of bike shininess/leg speed is a mysterious one, though i’m working on a few theories…

im back studying on wednesday nights: i have a 5pm to 9pm class, its absolute bullshit. but im planning on skipping out on study next week, may well be along if i dont get roped into something else…

and get whoever has that email list to do an email bomb on the wednesday morning. turnout is always bigger if the email goes around.

OK OK, I’ll try and make it out, on a fixie :-o, on Wednesday.

Sounds good.

(Saturday mornings are on too :wink:)

i popped in for a sec (gold vivalo) but had to meet a mate and he wasn’t there so left

was pretty out of it from work too

will try to come down next week

i’ve moved up to sydney now
not as many fixies as melbourne
so is it the cricketers arms on wednesday?
what time?

i’m running a gold frame with red rims

i tried to get a job with mail call today, they rejected me because i ride fixed. wankers.
anybody know of any bike courier jobs around?
or…any jobs for that matter

plunkett

where do u study?

i met a guy from the wednesday night rides who’d turned a track bike into a singlespeed, because Mail Call don’t allow fixed. On his first day with them he turned up in front of my work, with this coasting track bike decked out with a bell on the bars and a rear reflector… must be pretty good pay to make him go that far.

There’s other courier companies but I seem to see mail call around the most, though maybe just because the uniform stands out.

A few of the companies won’t take you on if you ride a track bike, try crisis couriers they’re the other large one, and if all else fails contact the guys at http://www.sydbma.org/bikes/

oh the irony… makes me wonder then why fixed riders get called courier wannabes.

just sayin…

Crisis Couriers take fixed gear bikes, just got to have a brake - that was when i went for a job about a year ago. didn’t go through with it due to unforeseen circumstances

ultimo tafe.

cheers guys
i will look into crisis…i always run a front brake anyway…just for emergencies. there are more hills in sydney than melbourne, which i’m not used to. haha

is the wednesday fix on this week?
cricketers arms? when?

1. we usually get back there around 8:30 for beers/food etc

i’ll be there this week, just for a change. skipping out of class. also, met 2 d00dz tonight, one on a charge, one on a surly. at the parkview at erskineville, invited em along. nice bikes!

spewin i got a flat on wednesday.
will be there again next week

there was another flat on anzac bridge, took 15 mins to fix.
then after the pub, i did a big show-off skid and popped my back tyre. genius…

Where does the wed night ride start again? Reckon I’ll come along tonight as there doesnt seem to be much intrest in a ride from the trials crew…

cricketers arms, surry hills.

im not going tonight, study. bored already, 3 3/4 hours to go…