Sydney Bike Polo - Playing Times and General Discussion

NO POLO TONIGHT :frowning:
Hopefully we’ll have better luck with the weather on Sunday

Polo will be on this Sunday, 5 December 2010

I don’t care if it’s raining - I want to play!
Anyone that doesn’t turn up is officially soft.

!!??? Tell meeee

if not raining i ll be at alex around 2.30

No good on the undercover court in the uni car park. Security guards were on Donny and I yesterday within 2 minutes! Also very good chance of launching over the edges to the concrete below.

I say we HTFU and get some wet weather practice in. Doesn’t anyone remember how fun Waitangi Day was? Or the 2009 Nationals?

We are supposed to be the tough city - let’s start acting that way!

Polo yesterday was awesome! Not a huge turnout but I’m a big believer in quality over quantity.

Speaking of quality, the Screaming Baguettes were in outstanding form yesterday. We let the other team (Brook, Donny, Larry and Aaron from Brisbane) have an extra player… We even made it first to 10 to give them a chance to save their pants at 5-0… it didn’t help :slight_smile:

Thanks Sydney!! That was a heap of fun!! The thrashing was well deserved…Screaming Baguettes are ‘the full polo rig’!

Donnie falling off every few minutes was great entertainment… Sorry I’m such a sh*t player but we’ve all got to start somewhere hey?
Anyway thanks for welcoming me into your games.

Always great to have someone from out of town playing with us. You’re welcome any time. There are no shit polo players - there are just less experienced ones :slight_smile:

My favourite Donny crash of the day was when he was looking back over his shoulder screaming “DEFENCE! DEFENCE!” and then smashed into the fence so hard it ripped his bar end out.

Sounds better than the sunday polo here in Toronto.

It started snowing again this morning. We got a few cm’s. I ended up playing by myself for 2 hours in -8 degrees until i broke my mallet and went home.

Damn fairweather players.

I’ll probably regret saying this but I’m kinda hoping it snows for the Winter Whack tournament in Christchurch in August… Would like to play in the snow at least once.

Well the beers didn’t seem to help us in the 10-0 thrashing. I was getting ready to drop the dacks but Donny beat us all to it by lending more than just a hand to more than make up for the entire team. Much appreciated Donny!

p.s. my fav Donny stack was the one (only once?) when he was simply moving into position behind the goal before the game even started.

NEWS JUST IN - DONNY’S CRASHES CONTINUE…
he just had a stationary stack at traffic lights near martin place in front of lots of people (unfortunately I wasn’t one of them) and landed on the same knee he smashed at polo yesterday

Don’t go sayin’ that stuff , it sounds like a good idea in the middle of Summer but come winter…brrrr

Bike Polo

i m really fed up guys…let s show this picture to the council and make them ashame

im sure one of the melbourne guys can confirm but from what ive heard, its not a council approved thing. its at an abandoned location and its all the motivated local players putting in some time to get it going.

That is correct. Melbourne do not have permission to use this area.
We are probably one of the few cities that has a council approved court. It’s not perfect but it’s way better than nothing.

We in Christchurch are indeed lucky with our Council approved courts and newly installed floodlights (at the councils expense). Just keep working at it…good things take time!

The court we use has great lights too - we have to pay $17.50 an hour to use them but it’s worth every cent.

POLO IS ON TONIGHT!**

Alexandria Park
7.30pm to 9.30pm
$5 for lights

**The only thing that will stop us is if it starts raining, the council will not turn on the lights :frowning:

EDIT: Plan B - if it rains we will meet at the Union Hotel on south King Street Newtown for beers instead

it seems that i wont play till christmas… open on the next sundays!!!