Sydney Rides/BFF Thread

Sweet prizes actually!!

Giant Omnomnom Track bike from MC Cyclery (although they gotta fix the seat post clamp! lol)

Onitsuka Tiger Sneakers and a black Onitsuka Tiger Tote Bag from SydBFF and OT

Limited Edition (1/26) MCC Goldsprints Jersey

Also won a set of Audio-Technica headphones from SydBFF and Audio-Technica which they’re gonna get to me soon :slight_smile:

Wow. Some serious prizes there…
That omnom looks half decent, would look better with rear disc and front deep dish tho :slight_smile:

My favourite part is the no-valves. Solid tyres ftw right

I stayed to watch the finals, awesome win Nathan.
My girlfriend made it to the semis and managed to score a jersey.

sick win nate!!

i got a thompson 100mm -17 degree X2 stem with ti bolts you could buy… would look sick on your new bike and kick that front down a tad… it’s a 31.6mm clamp…

Is there an allycat today?

2:00pm Hyde Park I think.

Thanks.

Tried to get there, but didn’t make it. Don’t try to rush builds together at the last minute.

Good day! Thanks to those who came to help checkpoint.

Chain snapped on me on the way home around Woollahra … cue sudden skidding along Oxford St as the chain locks up my rear. Luckily the traffic wasn’t bearing down on me at that point so I had some room to skid to the side of the road. Plus I’d done all the climbing out of Bondi and was on the downhill stretch to get home, so was able to scoot the bike home after freeing the chain. Very glad it didn’t happen bombing down Birriga!

i enjoyed the alleycat! The Hell On Wheels BMX doods were getting some decent air considering there was pretty much not enough run off area…im sure if any of you were watching you would have thought someone would have smashed into people sitting at those tables.
was stocked to get some free stuff at the screenings too, scored some of those Audio Technica earphones.

although the fun and laughter was short-lived for me, as when i unlocked my bike at the end, someone had kindly opened the valve on my rear and let allllllllll the air out. who would actually bother to go through that effort? atleast they didnt pop/slash it.

Apparently that happened to heaps of people, bit laaaame…

This is really an amazing thread, it’s great to see the cycling community doing so well. Honestly I didn’t see much marketing done for the Sydney Ride event this year, or maybe I’ve just been too busy. Noticed a few customers taking their bikes out of storage though, so maybe it’s just me… There should really be more hype about good events like these - good exercise and getting around for everyone :slight_smile:

Supercheap Storage Sydney Facility | New South Wales (NSW) | Australia