Sydney's fucked: lets move to Newcastle!

Yeah, Newcastle is okay. The downtown area is pretty sweet, and there are some great older suburbs/shopping strips.

TC: I would love to live in Newcastle.

Annoyingly I barely have time to explore. Really want to hit the beach, but think that’s not going to happen unless I do a dawn swim tomorrow enroute to the airport.

I blame all the mad junkies riding around the Darlinghurst / Surry Hills, those rascals never seem to wear a helmet!

Yeah, I reckon it’d be okay.

BSNYC too: http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com.au/

Yeah, got family and work collegues up there. I love it.

Plus the King St hotel is wild (on the right night)

No work prospects for me up there though.

Newy is pretty good. There’s some pretty nice (road and MTB) riding up there as well.

I’ve got some good friends up there and keep hearing great stories about the community and it’s growth. We went to an excellent farmers market when up there last time.

Some really good coffee and small breweries/bars popping up too, as well as a truckload of beautiful heritage buildings (and some pearlers from modernity).

More bike cop shenanigans: Media and politician contacts | Bicycle Network

Fuck this city eh.

Wow so the cop actually followed him on the footpath?!

I hear people mention it all the time but does anyone know if Police have a particular amount of quotas for fines / revenue that needs to be met in any given time period?

Like when they do the Jaywalking blitz, surely that’s only done to meet some monthly revenue target?

All hearsay m8, they’re doing it for public safety

I hear Newcastle is nice.

You wanna move up? Rent’s insanely cheap.

I’m glad this is turning into a Newcastle thread, because the police thing just makes me feel sad.

My plans are for Top of Central Coast, West side of Lake Macquarie. Awaba forest, Ourimbah trails, gazillion fire acces roads and dirt trails, plenty of lake swims and not too far to the beach & Newcastle. Anyway, that’s the plan … just working on being able to make a living/income etc … so yeah, Foa Newcastle chapter … I’m in !!

This should be “Sydney’s fucked: lets move to Canberra!”

TC: Would…

Me too.