T7 2015 Ridley cross bikes are cheap

Ask em to undervalue the package, works for 99% of eBay sellers

That figure is Australian dollars. It’s $999. If you buy nothing else and that’s all that’s on the invoice, you shouldn’t pay the tax. That said, Blakey’s right; at $1098, it’s still a banger of a deal. I would buy one if I wasn’t such an idealistic romatic nincompoop, and I’ve been racking my brains to think of friends who might actually buy one.

it’s a business tho, not an ebay lister, less chance there.

obviously the nzd is different to the aud. strangely, the nz site doesn’t have the same discount.

T7NZ

T7AU

The value of the taxable import is customs value plus duty plus shipping/insurance. I’ve heard of cases where the item was just under 1000 and the shipping put it over and then duty/gst was levied.

so worst case, 999.99 plus bicycle duty of 5% (parts are 0%) is $49.99 plus gst on 999.99+80+49.99 is $113.

Maybe a processing fee of $48.xx

Total of 1242.98 or ~$1290.

Maybe that is Aust stock then? Either way, I’d expect to be safe ordering one and not pay 10% more ATMO.

only one way to find out pete, order one.

Depends if its North Island dollars or South Island Dollars (aka Mainland money)

North Island dollars are worth more, closer to the AU$

(I’m Duggy)

I bought a wheelset off .au wiggle for $1200… import tax and duties ran me about $200. Was still a good deal. I made a semi fuss with Wiggle, got nothing out of the fuss BUT their payment page has now changed and the info is there and very clear, not buried somewhere else. I like to think I help bring about that change.

Your welcome :slight_smile:

In know I’m late to the party but all the cheap ones are gone. Price is now $1609.

I guess they got hammered with purchases as they only just posted it today.

NSJ: Will not be coming home to a cross bike today.

I ordered mine on the 9th too but hasn’t shipped yet, hopefully tomorrow. Let me know if you gotta pay any duties.

Surely they could cut us some slack on the duties considering the amount of dole-bludging Kiwi’s we take.

We can get the dole again?

BRB -quitting job.

Didn’t you hear? Tone’s gone. It’s all back to normal again.

Picked it up today. No import duties.

^ lucky kent.

I missed this thread till today. $1000 is such a good score. My Ridley is completely stock and it rides great.

Mine is waiting at the post office, will pick up tomorrow :slight_smile:

How is it cam? Mine is very cheap feeling. Has looong cranks and wiiiide bars for a 52cm. I’m going to have to get a zero-offset post to manage it, or some 170 cranks.

Im fairly sure i tailed someone who bought one thurs or friday up royal pde.

Yeah it hasnt been too bad so far, a few kinks to iron out. I went for the 50 and have had a bit of toe overlap, the geo is all a bit weird. Changed the seat and gears need a bit of attention, definitely doesn’t ride as well as my old Crux but think eventually I will warm to it.