The Basketball Thread

from the west…one of thunder/memphis/clips/mavs
from the east…one of heat/bulls

heat over the thunder.

i reckon.
can’t wait to come home from work at night and flick on a game.

Looking forward to seeing Golden State do fuck all again.

Biedrins… PFFFFFFFT

Going to see philly @ Portland on monday night. Still not sure how Portland managed to get Jamal Crawford so cheap. Will hopefully see warriors @ lakers in a couple of weeks too. Neither of which will be great games, but goddamn I’m happy that the lockout is over.

mills back at the blazers?

Are you fucking kidding me? Are you guys following this? This is getting beyond ridiculous.

[video]Stream NBA Games & Watch Highlights | NBA.com

hahah his 38 he dropped on LA wasnt too shabby either

Linsanity. Can we not make up a bad-pun nickname just once??

belongs to vince carter anyway - vinsanity

Lin deserves his own =D

yeah but shaq was the original ‘superman’ and d. howard stole that

…anyway Lin stole carters other nickname (ironically originally Nas’) ‘half-man half-amazing’ with ‘half-man half am-asian’ had a good chuckle at that

He is really Linspirational.

heheh

it’s so funny.
all the worry about 'melo fitting in coming back too.

making the nba kind of fun again. with all the injuries and the horrible games it’s been kind of an annoying season.

^indeed. some of the games have been atrocious. I did love this though:

In the locker room, following L.A.'s hard-fought victory, Kobe Bryant was asked his opinion on Friday night’s competition, the New York Knicks, and the brightest burning new star in the NBA galaxy, Jeremy Lin.

“I don’t even know what the fuck is going on,” Bryant said. “What the fuck is going on? Who is this kid? I’ve heard about him and stuff like that, but what’s he been doing? Is he getting like triple-doubles or some shit? He’s averaging 28 and eight? No shit. If he’s playing well, I’ll just have to deal with him.”

When asked if he would guard Lin, Kobe gave what might have been the greatest answer to any question ever asked: “Jesus Christ. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.”

and then he drops 38 on the Lakers. fantastic.

the best story related to jeremy lin was ron artest going mental after he dropped the game winner in toronto

+1

You mean Metta World Peace… what a fucking belter that man is.

Although this was pretty good.

Q: Did the Lakers talk about him in the locker room?

A: Do we talk about him? Yeah, we talk about him. We think he needs a better haircut. I don’t like that style. You’re in New York, the fashion capital. Change your haircut, OK? You’re a star now. Wear some shades. Shades, OK? Put down the nerdy Harvard book glasses. Put on some black shades, OK? With some leather pants. Change your style. Fashion.

Q: Do you wear leather pants?

A: No, I won’t wear them, but he should wear leather pants. He’s the type of guy who should wear leather pants, some nice shoes and change his fashion. You’re Jeremy Lin, for godsakes. You know what I’m saying? You know? Put down that law book, stop reading the New York Times and start reading the Daily News. Newsday, that’s the one. I like that one because there’s always color in that one. What else? Wall Street Journal. Get some swag. You’re in New York City. Put your hat to the back, too. Put your hat on backwards. Come to practice with your pants sagging and just tell them, ‘I don’t feel like practicing.’ Practice? You know? Practice? And wear an Iverson jersey. You know? Come to practice with a cigar. Lit. ‘I’m Jeremy Lin.’ You know? He should change. We’re all excited to play tonight. It’s like the first time for everybody. Everybody’s excited. Kobe’s excited. He wants to get 50. He wants to welcome Jeremy Lin to his new level."

I just played my second game back after 7 years off the basketball court. Playing E grade at MSAC, which isn’t the highest quality of basketball but enough to get me back into it and hopefully sort out a better team eventually.
My fitness isn’t as bad as I thought, its just running is a very strange feeling after so long. My jumpshot is HORRIBLE, but I’ve still got some good post moves and anything in the key is still good. Rebounding has improved considerably between my first and second game.
All in all, I’m really enjoying it and hope this continues for a good little while. It is nice to have an interest outside of bikes as well, basketball shoes are a lot cheaper than bike parts.

aye thats awesome dude, i miss playin, big time =( evenings are taken up with the little ones for now =( Played a pick up game for the first time in 5 years and my knee hurt for more then a week! hahah

speaking of shoes, you get the Jordan XIs in decemeber last year?

i did =)

ha.

i’ve been listening to these guys most mornings here.
The Basketball Jones | Blogs | theScore.com
good video/podcast things…about 30mins long every day.
a good way to keep up with everything happening.