The Beard Thread aka Ezylee's Facial Hair Thread.

Shit first, then wank in the shower.

Updates (with pics) please people.

As of last week - not quite getting the curl I want this time. Not sure if it is too thick now?

Yep, that’s pretty thick (and yes, that’s what she said!)

At work the other night, after numerous “has anyone told you you look like Ned Kelly” or “You’re the guy from the James Squire ads”

can never be too thick. well jealous is me.

I am in two minds about mine at the moment. Keep growing it and have to maintain it whilst overseas, or trim it to start the curls again. Or keep the curls and trim at the top of my lip. I might see a barber in Portland (hipster city right?) and see what they have to say.

I now have the image of Ezy setting off on a pilgrimage to find the master of moustaches, possibly on the top of a mountain, with wispy moustache shaped clouds enveloping it

i’ve been waiting for someone to pull out the James Squire line on me. hasn’t happened so far.
am i not pretty enough?

JAMS squire.

nah, you’re too outspoken.

Nah, he just tries too hard…

Sent to me by a mate and I thought I would share.

Tell me you’re wearing a dressing gown.

Way late notice, but yesterday was International Beard Day.

Heard it on the ABC radio, not at all sure who sanctioned it.

I celebrated anyways.

Okay. In the next few days, probably early into next week, I have an interview with a major civil and commercial construction firm (global type) for the likelyhood of a cadetship. This is f*cking big for me, I have 14 years industry exp and 10 of that running my own business. They don’t usually take 1st year uni students on, but @ 32years of age and with my previous exp and qualification…here’s hoping.

My conundrum: I has beard. Slightly unkept, Ned Kelly-esk some say talliban looking. Through different circles I know the General Manager, who’s also the head of PPP’s and Infrastructure. He hasn’t seen me in about two months - about as long as the beard has been around.

Do I;

a) Leave it alone

b) Trim (get barber to trim)

c) Clippers/Shears back to a #2 or #3

H. E. L. P.

i,d go for the barber trim, for sure.

b or c.

I’d say c.

Yeah, b or c.

just fucken clip it right back.
if you’re being called ned kelly or taliban after 2 months of growing a beard you’re a hairy motherfucker so you can clearly grow it back just as quick.
or maybe a barber trim, that way they won’t be pissed when you start growing a beard after you get the job.
(what’s a cadetship anyway?)