The Beard Thread aka Ezylee's Facial Hair Thread.

Thank you all!

A combo b)+c) will undertaken.

Ah, cadetship is where I’ll start working (hopefully) for the company, in a junior roll, whilst still studying. I’ll have to drop back to part time study i think, but anyways, they’ll be paying part of the uni expense too. At the end of it you have the degree, a few years of relevant industry experience and many contacts. Most of the time, like all, you continue to work with that company in a full time roll. As long as both parties are happy.

As your hairy partner in crime (we are partners now) I would say clean shave OR whatever anyone with seniority in your industry with facial hair is doing. My reasons;

1. You seem to have rare beard powers unknown to mankind where you can grow a beard on demand.
  2. This sounds like a pretty big opportunity that you don’t want to fuck up.
  3. Because moustache

having to even contemplate taming/removing a beard for social/work conformity reasons make justdave sad.
Beards don’t kill people. people kill people.

Lolz!

justdave, makes me sad too. But as others have pointed out, i grow one pretty quickly so I know it will be back with vigor by the time I head to NY in feb to marry.

I’m with Ezylee.
When I started in the corporate world (even being as low on the ladder as I am) I went and sat outside my soon-to-be workplace when everyone was arriving for work, taking mental notes on how people were dressed, what was happening with haircuts/facial hair etc. It sounds like a total wank when coming from outside, but that shit actually matters to the bigwigs upstairs. I came from an employer where as a manager I could wear jeans/sneakers/t-shirts, so really needed a schooling in that area.

One other thing: dress for the job you want, not the job you have. As long as the job you want is somewhere up the corporate ladder and not as a BDSM mistress, this is pretty good advice.

Disclaimer: I’m a librarian, not a corporate ladder climber. Take my advice with a pinch of salt.

Don’t overdress! I interviewed a junior designer fresh out of uni, I told him he had the job and would start in two weeks. Two weeks later he rocked up all suit and tie’d up. I sent him home and told him to come back tomorrow with jeans and a tshirt.

He still works here 6 years later, but I like to remind him sometimes about his first day at work when he was sent home.

This is also a given. Hence observing the general culture and dressing accordingly.
I guess what I meant was: wear a nicer cardigan than normal.

wear a nice suit and they won’t give a stuff if you’re unshaved. has worked for me.

I’ve had a beard of some description for my entire working life with the exception of two trips to kalgoorlie where the beard was required to be removed for OH&S reasons (respirator seal), this resulted in MrsFROG declaring that if i ever removed my beard again she’d divorce me, i love my wife : )

I’ve had three different office type jobs and been seconded to several clients offices and the beard has never seemed to be a problem.
Currently working in the city office of a large company and rocking the neatly trimmed no2 length beard and although some of my colleagues keep threatening to burn it off (i think they’re jelly) management doesn’t seem to have a problem with it.
I’d say so long as your beard is neatly curated along with the rest of your appearnce you should be fine.
I’ve only ever had 2 proper formal interviews though and i’m an engineer so YMMV

This might not work in Ev’s case. His unshavenness is full-blown Ned Kelly absurd.

that’s when you tell them you’re amish

c’mon dude, you’re forgetting your natural advantage.

I won’t post photos here, but my mate Adam (Creaky on here, BeardyMcBeardbeard on instagram) has one of the best beards I have ever seen.

Ever.

He wanted me to post this one…

its got a nice windswept feel going

Like the grain in old hardwood planks. Outstanding.

Holy shit.

I really like it. It reminds me of those Japanese wave paintings that everyone has a print of in their lounge room.

I’d like to point out that this was taken six weeks ago(!) and it is even more majestic now.

Start a new thread devoted exclusively to Beardy McBeardBeard’s beard. Hell, I’ve seen religions started for less.