The future.

I recently went for a job interview where they asked the question, “what I considered to be my greatest achievement, professional or personal?”. Without hestation I said, “Having a child”. A few people people have already said it and its true. Starting a family is really magic (that is, provided that you do it with a person who’s right for you). It infinitely adds depth and colour to your life.

That said, I don’t think that you need to go out and progenate tomorrow… that can wait until you’re ready. But I think that what is key to enjoying life is surrounding yourself with good people and enjoying their company - people who are like-minded, kind, thoughful, unselfish and creative.

Another thing is to keep busy, to challenge yourself and to use your mind. Travelling can be a great way of doing this, but so can riding a bike, building a car or bike, cooking food, gardening, reading a book… you name it - whatever floats your boat.

As for drugs, I think that moderation is the key. They can definately make you happy but they can also fuck you up pretty badly. And from my experience the more you take them the less you are able to acheive your desired state of consiousness, euphoria, whatever. I have pretty much stopped taking drugs altogether - the occasional beer notwithstanding - as I felt out of control on them a lot of the time, and I increasing found that they made me anxious, angry or depressive. I personally found they I enjoyed the company of my friends far better when I was not inebrated.

“Happiness is only real when shared.” - Chris McCandless

[LEFT]I recently watched the film “Into The Wild” (directed by Sean Penn). Its a sensational film and while it is a tragedy I would strongly recommend that you seek it out Dylan. Its a great musing on existentialism.

[/LEFT]

Wow spirito…
You’re the best :slight_smile:
I’m gonna wake up properly and read this again.
And dice, nawwww :slight_smile:

Another resonant post from Spirito. Nice work.

Perfect holiday morning today - early surf with a mate followed by bacon & egg rolls & coffees by the beach, then an hour or so playing in the shorey with kids & boogie boards. The future…can wait 'til next week.

Best film EVER!!!

+1.

spirito, so much of what you just said rings true in my life. it took me a long time to realise that i would not become my father.

as ricky williams would say ‘i dunno, thats kind of far in the future’

who cares about the future, ‘today is cash in hand’

i never make plans that far in advance.

Dylan, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

amazing post

it doesn’t take much to see that the problems of three little people don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. someday you’ll understand that.

Just keep passing the open windows.

The future? Apparently, it’s uncertain, but the end is always near.