the Geelong project

well put - I like the way you roll

hey who deleted my post where i told spirito to fuck off with his manufactured drama? :slight_smile:

would have posted earlier but was busy actually riding a bike!

I read somewhere that people can build carbon frames that feel like steel frames now.

Then there’s Holland cycles…

gold!

The custom bike build that you are planning sounds awesome, it’s nice to be able to create something that is very unique to you.

The option of headset spacers is good because people change and I am sure in 10 years time your riding position may not be the same as it is now and the spacers will enable you to make small changes in the future.

Having spacers on a custome made frame is not an indication of poor calculations on the frame builders part but more about offering options in the future (different stems have different heights etc.).

I think Spirito pretty much said the same thing.

I would personally be pretty upset if the frame builder insisted that no spacers were needed because he was so amazing at what he does.

I have had dream bikes in the past and for me the constant maintenance and worry about damage etc. was almost an obsession which was tiresome but I guess that’s probably me just caring too much about it than I should have.

Good luck with the build.

Have spoken price and details with Shifter Dan. The alternate wheelset is a go.

H+ Son TB14s, hard ano laced to my existing 36H Record hubs with black DT Swiss DB spokes.

Thinking that the hard ano grey may feature as a minor colour in the finished paintwork.
Drop shadow or outline colour for the logo.

In a word, bomb-proof.

Hard anodised is the best- pro-ish and understated. My Open Pro CD’s are still surprisingly grey on the brake surface. Next question- tyres? That should last a couple of pages…

Isn’t that two words?

Open to suggestions. Something in a 25C for country roads is what I’m thinking.

Gumwall tyres. Simple.

Paging Blakey.

While we’re waiting I’ll just reiterate my usual statement- Vittoria Open Evo Pave 24c- BEST TYRE EVA
Rumour has it they may release a 27c version, which would be amazing.

Single 10mm spacer, integrated seat post. Not just for crabon frames.

ZOLTAN should have this covered folks

But look how nice the gunwalls are against the black rims.

I know Antmandan has been rockin’ these and has been pleased.
They are high on the list…but why the fuck are they green, seriously.

You better believe it!

In fact I’m wearing some CR pants right now!

… which haven’t seen a brake pad.

Glad to hear you’re wearing pants. It’s at the business end of the year and rules go out the windows.

Rims are hard ano so dark grey and not black. Hopefully the hard ano will wear better than the black TB14s I’ve got and used brakes on them.

What about archetypes, the deeper section looks great on modern bikes, I love my new 25mm gp400s tyres,
But if this is a non race bike I would call 25mm minimum.