The Kickstarter Thread

AFAIK its UK and US residents only atm

from the site

Am I eligible to start a Kickstarter project?
US creators must be permanent US residents at least 18 years of age with a social security number (or EIN), a US bank account, US address, US state-issued ID (driver’s license), and major US credit or debit card.
UK creators must be permanent UK residents at least 18 years of age either creating a project in their own name or on behalf of a legal entity with a Companies House Number. You’ll need a UK address, UK bank account, government-issued ID (driver’s license or passport), and a major UK credit or debit card.
Please note that anyone, anywhere (with a major credit or debit card) can pledge to Kickstarter projects.
We’re working hard to open up to more countries. If you’ve been waiting, we really appreciate your patience.

Nice Laundry: A Fresh Start for Your Sock Drawer by Ricky Choi & Phil Moldavski — Kickstarter

Or, if socks aren’t your thing, a TRON cycling vest…
Fiber Optic Athletic Gear: Revolutionizing Sports and Safety by noxgear — Kickstarter

I am fair sure that Russell’s wife is still a US resident or some loophole like that. Funnily enough you can search by location on Kickstarter and there are a few Aussie projects around :slight_smile:

And thought I would share this cracker - Hunt for the Tasmanian Tiger (Thylacine) by mathew commane

em is still an american citizen, and on top of that they needed to use a US bank account for the money as well

mustn’t have seen this…

by the gross $, it looks like many ppl haven’t seen it!

ouch!

i’ve seen it, wasn’t the best film i’ve ever seen, but some of the scenery is pretty awesome.

i watched it at some point for some reason.
maybe on a plane.

it’s fine enough. a bit weird.

“a lightweight generator to charge your phone, lights and removable battery pack”
Looks like an incredibly useful device, especially for touring/bikepacking. A pretty good video too.

The KH2 by Kappius Components by Russell Kappius — Kickstarter

Is this unique in any way?

Yeah I totally want hubs with more nooks and krannys because trying to stick my finger through spokes when cleaning isnt challenging enough.

I see your light weight generator and raise you a folding USB solar cell

Folding USB Solar Cell by Brown Dog Gadgets — Kickstarter

How cool is that.

Im confused? These have existed for at least a few yrs already, why need a kickstarter for more? :S

I’m liking this:
LUNIS: Redefining Reflective Outerwear for Urban Cyclists by LUNIS — Kickstarter

Loop wheels…
Loopwheels: for a smoother, more comfortable bicycle ride by Sam Pearce — Kickstarter

are ones from pozzible allowed?

Been following these guys, like the concept be interested to see how it pans out

The Kustom Kommune, Melbourne. by Jimmy Goode and Geoff Richie Baldwin

I reckon these will be pretty good when they’re fully waterproof:

Sparse Bicycle Lights by Colin Owen + Sparse — Kickstarter

I put some money into this. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out