The kids thread.

Congrats Rhys.

Got my little one crusing around on her plastic trike without an issue, just need her to work up to the Kumo.

Awesome news Rhys. Congrats to you and Rebecca. Welcome Milton!

fun fact, there was a WA ex racer turned frame builder by the Name of Milton, Milton Jones.

I got his name from an old guy in plaid trousers at the RSL who won two members badge draws in a row while I was having a pay day Parma.

All the old ladies were calling for a re-draw because he was taking his sweet time but he shut them up with a menacing stare.

I wish it was more profound.

Fine work…what’s your recipe?

//youtu.be/3gJAm1BA6Fg

:cool:

My dog too. Tis a fine name

Baby P!N2 doesn’t see what all the fuss is about…

Do you folks have nicknames for your kids? Sometimes we call my 7 week-old Grizzly Adams cos he loves a good grizzle. I also call him chatty man cos he likes to make random noises.

“Oi, Dingus!”

Applies equally to either child, normally whoever is closest.

My twin 10 year olds got into their 1st proper trouble today-downloading non free apps and not telling us. Punishments have been handed out, explanations given re why they’re being punished (dishonesty being more important than the money wasted.)

This parenting thing is hard sometimes.

#2 we call ‘ftumch’
#1 doesn’t have a regular nick

Edit:

[video]pro hart carpet ad - YouTube

Our little 'un is called Turtle, or Boogers if he’s sick.

Mine have been called all sorts of things.
Main ones: boy gets called Buster or Aripants. Girl gets Esteban, or Nugget, or Puddin’.

Not looking forward to this sort of srs bzns.

Kid story from this morning. We got “She dont use Jelly” by the flaming lips going in the kitchen before work, tis a great song for kids… easy to dance to, just kind of stomping and jumping to the drum beat when they build up. It was ace, all of us giving it a bit, and it was reminding me of festivals in the 90s and 00s that I used to go to. That feeling was heightened even more when the dog came in, saw there was some energy in the place and charged hard at me and we engaged in massive wrestle while the girls kept dancing… reminded me so much of being in the “mosh” when some bogan sees whats going down and charges the crowd cos he’s been waititng to get rowdy since 7am. I spent the whole ride to school teaching Ev the second verse, the blows his nose on magazines one… she was loving it.
I dunno if thats the sort of story that this thread is about, but it was a great kid moment.

TC: I don’t really understand the convention of not being able to tell people you’re pregnant until well into the pregnancy in case something goes wrong. I don’t mean announcing it to the whole world, but not even telling super close friends or family to me seems a bit archaic. It’s such a big deal, and you normally share every other big deal with them, and yeah, it might not work out, but shouldn’t that be shared with friends/family too? Pregnancies fail all the time, and I don’t think hiding that away helps anyone.

edit: probs best not to read anything into this.

edit 2: or maybe?

With a history of them not making it past the 7-9 week mark, if we did fall pregnant we let close family know for support reasons. When it stuck we told the rest of the world at around the 12 week mark.

It’s up to you. We told close family who’d we want for support if it didn’t work out.

Good point.

Both people though, defaulting to the one who doesn’t want to tell anyone. And yes, emphasis on close.

We didn’t tell lots of people until late to avoid judgement. We were skiing overseas at 13 weeks with ob’s blessing. If there any risks I’m sure I would have had the same response of closing ranks to a limited group.