THE LAW IS APPLES

Moreish. what a funny word :lol:

I’ve just had a massive conversation at work regarding the word moreish.

Upon typing it, it dawned on me that it’s not actually a word at all. Rather, a colloquialism of sorts. But, when I went to find a real word as a substitute, I came up blank! What could you say to accurately convey the same feeling as moreish? It’s difficult.

The closest I get is ‘insatiable’, but unlike ‘moreish’, it doesn’t necesarily relate to food, and seems to have an opposing narrative point of view. Eg; you can say ‘that apple is moreish’, but ‘that apple is insatiable’ just doesn’t make sense. It would be your hunger that would be insatiable.

Moreish. You eat one, you want more. The word does it’s job simply and elegantly, don’t overcomplicate it.

Exactly! There are many that come close, but moreish has an added connotation that is hard to find in any other word. Appetizing; desirable; they are similar, but are lacking in some way. To me, moreish describes the indescribable. A feeling of want, but void of reason. Often, when something is moreish, one would find it difficult to pin down the reasons for it being moreish.

I’d like to thank the originator of this thread for inspiring such fantastic and thought-provoking conversation. This thread could so easily have become really fucking APPLES, but instead my mind regales with the absurdity and intricacy of the English language.

Ah yes, I agree with you, but the fact remains that it is not actually a word, in the true sense. It is unrecognised by any dictionary of recognition.

P.S. How rad are tits.

Cinnamon Apples with sultanas and brown sugar

+1,000,000 for tits

Yums. I think I may have found the next variety of muffin for Mrs Ant to cook up for our BNE Saturday morning ride!

Maybe its supposed to be ‘moorish’ or ‘moarish’… :?

Moopish.

You won’t find “glossop” in any dictionary either, but what better describes when mashed potato and gravy falls off your fork onto nanna’s clean tablecloth?

Neither’s “fixie”. And urban dictionary doesn’t count :stuck_out_tongue:

Totally.

moreish = addictive? “this smack is kinda moreish, wish we hadn’t run out”

fuji’s are hands down the best bikes apples

A while back I became obsessed with apple juice. I drank a lot of it, then kinda got sick of it. I also discovered Nippy’s apple juice is gross.

IAGO
I am one, sir, that comes to tell you your daughter
and the Moor are now making the beast with two backs.

BRABANTIO
Thou art a villain.

IAGO
You are–a senator.

Moorish: Your daughter is, very.

FUCK YEAH! NASHI!
i love those things.

P.S. How rad are tits.

FUCK YEAH!
I LOVE THEM MORE THAN NASHIS
seriously,
i do.

This one time I got stuck into Grove orange juice for about 2 weeks. (it was moreish) then my teeth got sore cause the acid started stripping off the enamel. Be carefull of juice kids. That shit will get ya.