the optimist's thread.

^ been up for aaaaaaages. from april: http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f15/perkins-track-27527/

sick of it popping up in my ‘perkins’ ebay email alert.

Cute bar end condoms.

garmin = optimists

(i know many/some pro-teams would use and benefit from these. But price is insane)

that price is not insane, it’s the same as any other powermeter, if not a little bit cheaper than quark(okay more expensive than a powertap, but they have massive drawbacks). that said it’s a stupid place to put a power peter and theyre all going to fail (my prediction for 2014)

now i’ve got images of Peter Griffin flying around in tights pretending he has super powers…Day. Over.

lawl.

Original Genuine Rare Shimano Parts Catalogue 70s Bike Bicycle Road Track Bible | eBay

no idea, perhaps worth something, but $450 seems crazy.

as for pedal power meters, why’s it a stupid place? i believe the sensors operate in 2d, so you can get heaps more info on your pedalling characteristics than from any sensors further down the drivetrain chain.

Peugeot Performance 5000 Road Bike / Bicycle | Bicycles | Gumtree Australia Salisbury Area - Ingle Farm | 1029599243

Always multiple listings and always well over priced.

I’ve seen an absolute under a hunj bargain listed one day and gone in no time, only to see it up a day later from this seller at a silly price. No issues with this as a money earner , but the prices are well over the current value and a lot of the stuff is just dross anyway. I’m glad I managed to get to the nago super first.

If it’s a Rossin, (which I highly doubt) then you should be shot for letting it get like this: Rossin track bike (colombus tubing) | Bicycles | Gumtree Australia Fremantle Area - Fremantle | 1027968530

at least it has a “brand new Felocity” back wheel

i think this been in n out flebay

Eddy Merckx Retro Style Pista Track Bike Campagnolo in Melbourne, VIC | eBay

That merchx sure is nice though

borderline douchbag listing with this line though: (including pictures of the drag car he built as testiment to his building skills)

Having been a Vic and runner up National time trial
champion, spray painter and Hot Rodder /
Pro Drag Racer here and in the USA I am very fussy
so any purchaser wont be dissapointed with quality.

^^ It’s pretty spot on, though.

Douchebag thread nominee with the drag racing photos included, and who the fuck walks aroung with $4K cash?

Edit: Lachlan knows what’s up.

The seat post really shits me. You’d think mr eye for detail would be able to find a fucking super record post to match the rest of the group.

^ Looks like it’s off the market. Wonder if an offer was accepted.

He probably saw this thread and was over come with low self esteem from people thinking he was a douchbag

i read that and said to myself “i bet its a supertype”. disappointed.

That bike is pretty fucking nice.

It’s up for $2950 now? I reckon it has half a chance of going at that price to the right buyer.

i don’t know anything about rossins, but that is still a nice frame that has been sodomised.
(going by the unicrown rear stays, the lugs and how thin and pretty the back end of that thing is)

^ Agreed, but $1000 nice?