The Photography Thread

Suuuuuuure

2nd smallest (Minox takes the smallest 135mm film camera title). And to be pedantic for the kids reading this: the Rollei is a viewfinder camera not an SLR (single lens reflex).

Hey! Rollieā€™s in the lead againā€¦

pew pew pew

Nikon D7000 w/Nikon 50mm 1.8 lens and a Nikon FM2 with Nikon 1.4 lens.

Love my FM2. Have it with me pretty much all the time. Want to upgrade to a full-frame DSLR at some stage but the D7000 does the trick. Anyway, isnā€™t it more about the photographer than the gear they use or some shit like that?

Nice idea on the thread too Jase.

Nikon for lyf i love fe2 fm2 and f90x
All can be bought well priced and are pro level.
The dream camera is an f4
Best lens is the nikkor 50mm 1.4
and the 200 2.8

Sold all my kit and my Mamiya 645 super kit and now have a Panasonic tz11, a mint Polaroid and a Holga.
I will one day get another 35mm.

fuck yeah fm2s are so good. i had one once, and loved it.
maybe iā€™ll get another one, especially now that my 35s isnā€™t even the smallest 35mm camera in the world : (

Canon 600d with a 50mm 1.8 and a 18-200 sigma.
Would like to grab a 28 1.8 or 1.4 in a while, also have an old 35mm canon 1000slr
which Iā€™m using more and more of these days!

Nikon d40 with a nikon 24-70 f2.8 and a canon s95.

hardly used the Nikon since I started riding as too heavy etc.

shame, the lens fuckin rules.

have considered selling it so many times recently but canā€™t seem to do it!

Iā€™m a shit photographer but I like cameras.
Nikon FG20 w/50mm 1.8 Nikkor and some cheap zoom lens I got at cashies.
Canon A620. Sweet little compact with swivel screen. Also have a sweet wide angle adapter for it.
Nikon D40 DSLR w/18-55 kit lens
Panasonic GF3 micro 4/3 interchangeable lens camera, with 14mm kit lens
Pentax WR33, waterproof weird little square camera. On semi-permanent loan to my nephew.
Olympus mu410 thingy that got left in a cafe I was running in Auckland. Couldnā€™t find the owner.
Feels like Iā€™m forgetting something.
Donā€™t really have any desire to sell any of them. None of them are high-end or totes awesome but I like em.

Canon 40D, 50mm 1.8.

I use this for everything, the small focus really makes you frame pictures/details (especially as an architect), but am on the lookout for something else (maybe Samyang 14mm)

Smena Symbol

1972 USSR made 35mm, I take this riding with my because it is small, light and is like the fixed gear of the camera world. Take surprisingly nice photos (ie, look like instagram). I might consider a small digital but I really like the process of getting film developed and coming out with some good shots.

600d with 50mm 1.8. Also have a 18-55mm which I never ever use.

In the furture I qould like a wide prime for it and something I can use on my travels. A hero 3 would be nice too.

When I first went overseas I had a little Canon point and shoot, a Powershot A85. Man, I thought that thing was awesome. Took some ok photos, got a decent paying job in Edinburgh, spent hours and hours on the flickr forums learning shit, and lashed out for an entry level DSLR, the 350D, plus a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8.

Kept traveling, took some better photos (excuse the music on that video, the guys from Shutterbug put it together). Somehow won some other award that paid me $4,000 cash plus a $2,000 Canon voucher, used the cash for an all expenses paid trip to the awards in Queensland for four of us, and spent the voucher on a 24mm f1.4L II. I absolutely love the colour reproduction from this lens.

Eventually upgraded the camera to a 40D, and picked up an 85mm f1.4, and upgraded the original nifty fifty to a 50mm f1.4.

And now I just take photos of my little girls, and dudes riding bikes.

One day I should learn to use a flash I guess.

Thanks jaseyjase, Iā€™ve just spent the last hour whilst typing this post looking at old photos on flickr. So much fun.

I started out out my dadā€™s t50 film slr:

And some on my current setup:

^ Iā€™d really like to buy a T50 one day.

Use the search function, we already have an Instagram thread.

Sick burn.

Hahahaā€¦ Anyone see this app which just came out (https://itunes.apple.com/app/645-pro/id518235205?mt=8)

My camerazā€¦

Just getting back into the film stuff. Havenā€™t touched it since school where I quite enjoyed shooting and developing my own film.

Just got back a roll of film thatā€™s been in my camera for almost 4 months now. There were some shots on there I was pretty happy with.

Shot with a Nikon FM2 with Kodak Portra 400 - I think Iā€™m going to really like this combo.

Canon AE-1 50mm f1.8
Was my dads.
Its as old as me. I like that.
Pics below