The Scotch/Whiskey/Bourbon Thread

Your quite right… I’d say it’s pretty fucken warne…

Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it. I don’t even like southern comfort!

(edit: double edit, not wild turkey)

Haha I’m not a dark spirits kinda guy… I don’t know why but I can’t drInk any of them at all…
Vodka on the rocks or even neat, tequila and goon island iced teas
Now that’s my poison.

i LOL’d even though i realised you probably meant ‘LONG’… and then i wondered what kind of concoction a ‘goon island iced tea’ would be and exactly how bad the hangover would be?

Same as a long but you top it with cheap bubbly, nothing but booze in the glass

Local pub in Aberlour has every vintage from 55 through to the current. Pretty impressive stuff. Stayed there for 3 nights on the 2009 Castle and Whiskey tour, 14 abbeys & castle, 9 distilleries, 3 microbreweries - good times.

+1 for the Coal Ila
Managed to get a sample bottle of a non-chill filtered single barrel limited release. Probably the best whiskey I’ve had in my life.
If you ever get to the Highlands, go to the Whiskey Castle, it’s the bomb.
Scottish Whisky, Single Malt Whisky by Whisky Castle in Scotland
Boasts over 550 whiskey available, all single malts, many are taster bottles, limited releases or special blends.

got a 1L bottle of bowmore from the lady upon her return from o/s, cracked it the other night.

also drank a few unnecessary shots of Patron Caffe on saturday night. coffee tequila? fuck yeah!

I’ve been drinking jack Daniels and lemonade/ coke lately
Not classy
Neither am I
Buy also delicious
Which I totally am

yamazaki’s pretty cool

Dyls you want to try Jacks, soda, raspberry with a slice of lemon.
So much better than it sounds, we dubbed it:
‘Cvnt ugly bleeding skull fuck’

Or mix it up with some Wild Turkey Rare Breed single barrel @ 109 over proof.

That is the best number ever.

My bad, it’s only 108.2 proof - #1 choice for duty free liquors.

The other ‘tasty’ one is the Russell Reserve 10yo rockin’ in at 101 proof - 50.5% another good number.

^ Larfinboy, you’re freaking me out using Marty as your avatar.

I have a bottle of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban at home. Delicious.

LOL at all the ‘brandy’ drinkers out there. And bourbon whiskey isn’t real whisky, only good for mint juleps and getting ratfaced.

East highland single malts are amazing, nice and sweet at the beginning with a dry finish. Dont mind some dirty Islay single malts either particularly Laphroaig 10 year old for a full bodied kick in the giblets:

This is my personal benchmark though, Japan certainly does know how to make some of the finest malt liquor:

at what age should I start drinking these fancier drinks?

Currently 18 for reference.

Whenever you stop drinking with the aim to be as smashed as possible

I started drinking red wine at 16. Meh. My parents are piss heads.
And I do drink single malts… ice or water - sometimes a splash of soda for something like the Nectar D’or.

And I’m ashamed to say I don’t have any Laphroaig at the moment.

Current single malts include:

That’s the 25yo which is not that common here.

These are the wife’s

And for the peasants that ask for whiskey and cola they get this:

Or this just to piss them off:

that’s that shit, we be sippin whilst hangin out of the jeep srt8 nigguh

Excellent response good Sir. I started drinking quality from a young age since my stepdad is a wine/whisky/beer aficionado and was all about the quality not quantity. I never really had much time for getting smashed on alcohol anyway, the ramifications are too great. Give me a Jamaican hangover anyday!!

oh fo sho!!!