The Scotch/Whiskey/Bourbon Thread

[ATTACH]1170[/ATTACH]

this is my top shelf at the moment

For me its Spanish Brandy:

and Cognac. VS/VSOP for any occasion and XO with cigars. But mainly becuase they come awesome bottles:

loving the jack Daniel’s bottle haven’t seen that before , is it a special addition ??

Fuck yeah Remy Martin
I love that shit with dry.
Man I wish I was drunk from that shit right now.

I too enjoy Laphroaig, was given a bottle of the quarter cask for my birthday a couple of years back- it is magic.
Also have soft spot for the Australian stuff too:
www.larkdistillery.com.au
Well worth a stop if you head to Hobart.

My favourite is:

Closely followed by:

Lagavulin and I have a bit of a love affair. That said, I currently have the following under the sink:

This stuff is amazing, but at 60.3% you certainly know you’re drinking after two glasses

My regular sipping scotch, very smooth

How I’ve ended up with two litres of this I’m not sure, but I crack it out whenever Dad comes around.

Whatevers cheap, NJS always does the trick. Wouldn’t mind getting into some nicer drinks sometimes though… Nicest once I’ve had was probably the 12 year Jamie a bunch of us drank in Brissy, can’t really remember it though. Just remember wasting heaps of time trying to unscrew the lid to later find out it was a cork. Then had it happen again and again.

Reasonably priced decent whiskies anyone?

That’s it, I’m coming to visit. :smiley:

Meanwhile, here’s what I’m currently working my way through:

I have to say, the more Scotch I drink, the more I find that I prefer Irish and American whiskies. Peat just isn’t for me.

Off the top of my head, I might say Black Bush (Irish) if you like them smooth, Maker’s Mark (Bourbon) if you like them sweet, or Teacher’s (Scotch) if you like them peaty.

how much does glenlivet go for these days? used to be around 40 bucks a bottle i think, and pretty decent single malt for the money. and yeah, makers mark if you want bourbon, or woodford reserve if you can find it cheap.

I love this as well, but mine’s only 59.7% - I want a refund

It varies from batch to batch, have a look on wiki for the different strengths and tasting notes.

yea, its the 1954 gold medal
from the commemorative bottle range they have
jack daniel’s commemorative bottles

hell yeah!
Anyone in Radelaide remember the Earl of Zetland? scotch heaven.
Whats the best scotch pub in Melbs?

Damn straight. My current collection has three different Bushmills varieties.

And this:

And this:

Moved into a new house and there’s no where for the wall unit that sat behind my bar to go, so if anyone wants it it’s theirs. Pm me, located engadine.

that is AWESOME… but in bris… and dont have the cash to fill it :frowning:

Got to try Ardbeg for the first time recently and now I am spoilt for anything else.
So much Peat.
I do have a bottle of Glengrant single malt that I am yet to try.

Southern Comfort + Solo.
Not as classy as anything above, but fantastic.