The Skateboarding Thread

YES! strange world, zeros finest. ben gilley & john rattray; such good raw young talent in that film.

haha holy shit Moccos by the time i posted, there is now 5 pages.

Dude, this is about good skateboarding, Ben Gilley is definitely not good skateboarding. That is rank, no style skateboarding at its worst.

ok ok I take that back it, only brought back memories of watching it back in 2008. And now I just did a search to see what he’s up to, and yes. rank.

marc johnson ‘modus operandi’
Remember how good those shoes were? always preferred them to koston1’s.

jerry hsu - tilt mode “man down”
louie barletta “subject to change”
bag of suck is nice, but these 2 vids put the biggest smile on my face

Maybe props for the tilt mode part. I love that video.

I love how they never seem to be wearing shirts (in the original video)

Here’s a dandy compilation of Marc Johnson. the part where he flicks up his skateboard and the other guy uses it as a jump is mad wicked.

//youtu.be/0hgUkBHxBpg

some of my favourites -

YouTube - nick jensen lost and found part (so smooth on such janky euro spots)

YouTube - Jerry Hsu - Bag Of Suck (creative awesomeness plus hammers)

YouTube - Guy Mariano - Girl Mouse (like you need a reason)

YouTube - Jason Lee - Video Days (still soooooooooo buttery)

ok first and fore most, go back and look at the pioneers and respect. without them there isn’t skating as we know it today.

secondly, don’t bag longboards, I’ve seen some shit that would make your eyes water done on longboards. twice as long as nearly always twice as heavy and they’re pulling similar tricks. and it’s the commuting angle you should be applauding.

ok, that said, there’s some awesome stuff on this thread I hadn’t seen, the penny chain session, and almir jusovic, I reckon almir love christian hosoi from back in the day, he was that rocket man.

nah dude, longboards are the recumbents of skateboarding.

'cept usually ridden by dread infested hippies instead of old dudes with beards and socks pulled up.

Where is this rant even coming from?!

Take your long board elsewhere, home boy.

I’m 40 and I just got a longboard…58 inches

Am I no longer cool?

Nah, its kinda like a mid-life crisis, but instead of getting an mx5 you got a long board.

thanks for posting some awesome vids, mike york chocolate tour… if i had a vhs player id love to get some of my old videos going. took me back. someone said something about jeremy wray too… such a clean style

YouTube - Jeremy Wray - Adio One Step Beyond

…or a CX bike !

wow longboards are that uncool huh?

well ΣΣΣΣ ya then, I’d rather be an over the hill mid life crisis hippie, with my longboard, recumbent cycle, and CX, than be a, pointy toe shoed pedophillic moustache wearing skinny jeans wayfarer hipster, EVER!

End of story. :wink:

There were so many varial flips in One Step Beyond, thats all I remember from that video.

been replaced with 360 shuvs today

yes.

and stupid.

really, really stupid.

Hey! I ride a recumbent! Tell me this is not cool