The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

‘Incredibly attractive’ provides the higher end of a virtual scale between ‘unattractive’ and ‘attractive’.

By virtue of your statement, you also have unattractive bosses, otherwise the subjects’ level of visual appeal would not be relevant.

Getting a job offer. I’m not going to take it, but it’s nice to feel wanted :smiley:

Getting a compliment from a beautiful person is a nice thing to happen.

I have to agree with Droz here.
Pete, I’m not sure what your intention was/wasn’t by mentioning the attractiveness, but it seems like an otherwise redundant descriptor, a bit like when my nana mentions her ‘African friend’ or ‘Muslim neighbour’ or ‘the lesbian at the pool’.

SJ: A recent 3 day trip up to QLD. Nothing but good times with good people… and sharing those experiences with a select few on the instagram.

NSJ: Now I am bummed to be back at work with nothing in the pipeline and a real estate agent who is giving me the shits.

NSJ: Have ridden a total of 40km this month due to sickness. Have already chucked on 2kg and legs are losing muscle.

I am not basing my definition of “incredibly attractive” on this ^. Otherwise, you’re right.

I can see what you mean by bringing this up, and I’m glad you did, but you’re not going to catch me objectifying this person based only on their appearance. That’s not what makes them attractive. They just make me feel a touch funny inside when we interact. I want to be liked by them, and I was appreciated by them, so it made me feel a small bit of joy in an otherwise not-so-good day.

All good Pete, apologies that I jumped to a visual conclusion.

Now going to refer to Adz as ‘my bonking mate’ :wink:

that’s why i luv ur sig

SJ: Racing my bike in NCXS round 3 on Saturday in the same race as my 13yr old daughter (staggered start) and doubling back after my finish to accompany her down the finish strait - actually more like a big joy.

#raddadsclub

SJ: Seeing this. Seeing their face afterwards.

SJ: the ‘ABC = ISIS’ headlines on the murdoch papers today. Laughable.

eg:

^ The camo. It all makes sense now.

I’m not sure what shits me more, the story or the bad photoshopping.

All of the things. For me, it’s all of the things.

Jesus. Do they not understand that the opinion of one guest is the opinion of the ABC???

They do not, neither does the Government.

even if the ABC was fronted entirely by radical marxists it would still be fine as it would offer a counter balance to the overt right wing media everywhere else.

But IT IS!!! Didn’t you read?