The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

Ive been having this “discussion” with a friend of mine all day over FB.
The “outrage” is that it’s tax payer funds that run the ABC and it’s a “lefty lynch mob” that “gave this guy a platform”. I’ve mentioned on occasion to him that one audience member does not make a station and that its the Australian Broadcast Corporation, not the LNP Broadcast Corporation (that’s andrewbolt.com as far as I know). He’s good about it, but others who became involved in the conversation… not so much.

Now an actual SJ: went down to Brunswick Velodrome after knocking off work early, flipped the wheel and tried out the new 14t fixed cog. First time riding fixed. First time riding fixed in the velo. Was harder (used to getting around 48 x 17) but feels good. Certainly quicker. Looking forward to more of that. I suppose another SJ is that even though I forgot on a couple of occasions that I wasn’t riding free, I didn’t bin it.

This is the same “lefty lynch mob” that regularly has right-wing politicians on, including Fred Nile last week.

nothing wrong with the odd lefty lynch mob anyway.

Hey man, Tony Abbott’s description, not mine. I believe the ABC is for the people, not the politicians.

Also, what Heavy said.

If I go for a decent road ride before work, then commute fixed from home. The first few minutes of my commute require a very conscious effort to keep pedalling. Comes with practise like most things…good on ya, track racing is one of the funnest things I’ve done on a bike.

:slight_smile: It wasn’t an attack on you

Yeah, but did you do a skid?

First I crawl, then I run

Edit: forgot to mention that when SaintCloudNick put the cog in we figured out my fixed/free Paul hub is in fact free/free… So no lockring on the cog means no skids. For now.

There goes my morning: http://www.google.com/maps/about/behind-the-scenes/streetview/treks/yosemite/#trek

Surprisingly my SJ for yesterday came from Charlie Pickering (I paraphrase):
Tony Abbott asked ‘Whose side are the ABC on?’…that’s the thing Tony, it’s the ABC, it’s not supposed to pick a side.

Also SJ: riding at night when it’s cool but not cold.

Everything in this is a SJ. Right on!

Must have been a bitch to scale El Capitan with a google car strapped to your back.

Sj: I’ve had two days a week at home with my kids for the last 6 months, thanks to my employer’s incredibly generous paternity leave arrangements. Today is my last day before I go back to work full time. Gonna miss these days, but it’s been ace to spend so much time with these nuggets. Big joy.

Oh yeh, massive joy.
I’ve been working 4 days a week for over a year now, and I love Wednesdays at home with the kids

waking up to an empty sharehouse

SJ: Making the effort and going MTBing before work this morning. It was so good.

having breakfast & too much coffee at Wide Open Road by myself & reading the news, knowing I don’t really have anything I have to do.

Sounds great Roby, apart from reading the news.

Solo cafe YEEEEEEAH!!

SJ: Home made crackling pork left overs for lunch