The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

SJ: Shimano just bumped up the 2nd hand value of my spare cable groupsets…thanks guys.

2 Likes

SJ: Speaking of spare groupsets, i was able to peice together a 1x11spd Di2 group on the cheap. Picked up a mint set of 6870 shifters, and a new GRX 817 rd for a song. I already had the wiring, battery, charger, cranks and TRP spyers in the parts bin.

NSJ: no frame to put it on

Finally got my stereo set up after moving house earlier this year. It’s only in a temporary configuration, but nice to have some tunes on.

1 Like

music only or also home theatre?

I do want to get the TV hooked up to it, but that’s fairly low on the priority list. ‘Home theatre’ is probably misleading though.

SJ: teamed up with a social/advocacy ride organiser down in Geelong to run a very low key melburn roobaix/alleycat style 15km circuit through back lanes and alleys on the weekend. It’s nice to just put something out there and have a bunch of random people rock up and be stoked about the concept.
IMG-20220717-WA0006

10 Likes

SJ: After sitting out For two years (and thanks to the pandemic, quite literally sitting for a year), I started a job in February that I’m more than capable of doing and the pay is good.

NSJ: The place is not great, the place doesn’t particularly align to my morals, the caliber of leaders in the place is wanting.

SJ: catching up on a years worth of Small Joys, missed connections and so on.
SJ: doing more things with my hands in my spare time, like making a bike stand for Steph’s Kumo, side tables for the lunge room, valet trays for friends, patching boots and cooking loads more

7 Likes

SJ: working out that I still have an account here and seeing a bunch of familiar people still contributing. Happy for you @lukemarkof that you’re back into it! Hope the place works out better than it currently looks

6 Likes

the true believers are still here, trolling Horatio.

5 Likes

SJ: Played a 2 hr session of pickup basketball for the first time since covid
NSJ:…today my bodys fucked…knees, back, elbows, muscles, joints.
NSJ2: getting old sucks

SJ: scoring a paid job for the first time since I retired five years ago to be a stay at home dad.

DSJ: it’s a gardening related gig and nothing to do with my previous working life in Quality Assurance.

3 Likes

“I assure you this is a good quality garden bed”

Seems similar to me

6 Likes

Mechanical 105/Ultegra/DA? I guess the values will rise won’t they. Have you seen the price of 105 Di2 lol

Long time members here (like, all of us) will remember Brendan or xbrendanx I think his username was - I ran into him at the supermarket yesterday and had a quick chat. Was good to see him as he was somewhat of an influence on me when I was getting into the ‘scene’.

I mean, he called me Lincoln, but it has been a while.

5 Likes

shut up Lincoln!

1 Like

SJ - hung out with Rod and Harry on Friday night, ate ramen, drank beers, and went to a metal gig.
SJ - slept in yesterday morning instead of going for a long ride
NSJ - didn’t go for a long ride.
SJ - ended up going for a 45k ride anyway, bought a new phone, and had a great iced coffee from a hipster joint deep in the western suburbs.
SJ - iced coffee cup fit in my bottle holder perfectly, so got to enjoy it for about 10km.

3 Likes

Brunswick IGA right? I used to bump into him there all the time, even after he moved away from it

Nah, Coburg Woolworths. I was shocked too.

Apparently he lives in Coburg, not sure how long he’s been there - Rolly will know. He’s got a kid now too, who is two.

1 Like

Coburg Woolies? Inner city elites confirmed.

2 Likes

Same name as our kid

1 Like