The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

I know, right? I left in my SUV and spent the afternoon in an existential crisis.

1 Like

Vic or Jude?

I struggle to picture xBBx with a kid for some reason.

1 Like

All of the above. And yes, that 105Di2 pricing is balls.

SJ: being able to have a rational, sane talk with my brother about our aging parents, relevant and relative financial positions, futures and the like.
SJ2: rationalising parts bins and getting rid of some crap and beginning to list some other stuff for sale.

1 Like

NSJ.

PXL_20220815_031525143

Gentle excavation with the mattock found the stormwater pipe 100mm deep right where sleepers for the garden beds have to go.

SJ. Plumber who came to cap the broken pipe to ensure tonight’s rain made it into the tank and not my work area said we were lucky to find it now, he can re route it around the garden beds tomorrow and prevent guaranteed future pipe failure after everything had been built and the weight cracked the pipe.

1 Like

i dunno, they’ve been there maybe 6-12mths?

1 Like

BFJ. One of my brother’s is this year’s Victoria Father of the year.

https://news.nab.com.au/news/nab-engineer-mike-te-wierik-has-been-awarded-ymca-victorias-father-of-the-year-after-fostering-more-than-70-children-with-wife-fiona-over-the-past-15-years

8 Likes

holy shit! 70 kids! fuckin hell. hats off to that, can’t even imagine how hard that would’ve been.

2 Likes

It’s been a rollercoaster that’s for sure.

1 Like

Super impressed. They must be quite a team

1 Like

NSJ. The spicy cough had finally found us up in the hills.

SJ. The girls and I don’t have it as yet, Nicole brought it home from an in person training session she conducted late last week.

Booooo. Hope you folks are doing ok, Geoff.

1 Like

The youngest and I have dodged the bullet so far but Maaike tested positive today. Nicole is getting better, still coughing but not as much.

NSJ. My turn.

PXL_20220915_215201526

SJ: gravel is fun

1 Like

It will never take off though…

1 Like

When you vacuum, and something like a small pebble or similar rattles up along the handle into the bag. Very satisfying sound IMO.

2 Likes

“Hey Rolly, have you seen my diamond ear ring?”

1 Like

“haven’t seen it. mighta heard it.”

rolu just littering his floor with pebbles for ASMR gratification smh

1 Like