The telly thread

i watched the first 2 seasons but got bored of it.

It’s just a thing from Barley. You should’ve persisted. I assume you’re also a fan of the Mighty Boosh.

Sons of Anarchy got ludicrous by the end of season two. There’d be groups of gangsters standing off, pointing guns at each other ready to shoot, when someone would say to a member of another gang, “hey they’re nice pants. I’ve got a pair like that too.” Then they’d all be friends.

i got bored half way through the first.

if you haven’t seen west wing do that,
best show i’ve ever seen. wire is close second.

Have you seen Bunny and the Bull?
The only thing I’ve seen the Boosh guys in I haven’t rated.

How about old-school, Adam West Batman episodes?

‪Batman Movie - Some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb…‬‏ - YouTube

Buffy. Start from episode 1.

Maybe anything re-released by TimeLife? Get Smart, 'Allo 'Allo, Gilligans Island, etc.

Glad Dark Place got a mention. “I’d brefer a Beer”

the wire, the sopranoes, the west wing, weeds.

not that they’re in the same league as the shows above but…firefly (has anyone seen this?) 30 Rock, seinfeld & curb your enthusiasm.

Looney Tunes. Its so much better when you are older.

Sirens - just finished airing in the UK, pretty decent comedy
Misfits
Breaking Bad
Spooks
The Fixer
Never Mind the Buzzcocks with Simon Amstell
Danny Dyers Deadliest Men - so bad it’s good
Green Wing - someone mentioned this earlier - has some cracking moments and characters, but it’s very english.

8 pages no twin pe▲ks or x files ;_;

Just started watching The Walking Dead - I love zombie shit.

I say away for a week and I come back to this?
Fuck TV. Only thing they’re good for is video games.

So I sat down at around 4 this afternoon and I’m just winding up Breaking Bad season 2. I think the invention of the DVD player with the capability to hold 6 discs worth of media is proof that the robots are slowly but surely defeating us.

this. very odd at times, but also very good. have been trying to watch ‘shameless’ and not really getting into it, but then there will be a good scene/episode.

we are just finishing watching S1 of Damages. I like it, but I feel they have overdone the viewer manipulation at times.

Will be checking out some of the british recommendations.

I also cant believe no-one has mentioned portlandia. This place really isnt for hipsters any more is it? :wink:

Put a bird on it.

this can’t be allowed to slip through the cracks.

+100000000

incredible cringe inducing awesomeness

i watch twin peaks every year.

i watch the news.