The ultimate winter bike? Firefly

With those ugly tires that thing had a tone of suspension…

pretty much the idea, but still relying on a large degree “ass ride” and biomechanical damping. Also all the spaceframe bracing provide vertical compliance without the lateral flexes.

Still looks like an abortion…

Fatter tire in the front than the back is instant loose

Each to his own… it was never about the looks in the first instance (for me anyway; props to the Firefly for all the reasons already posted). Btw any chance of you posting up your unicorn of a bike? seems like everyone’s either giving it heaps of props or shite. I note this might not be the correct thread though.

That looks like one of your bikes rowan I’m sure I’ve seen it parked out side the crix :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i wish, look how happy that kid is with himself.

Here you go budy
http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/thread18583-42.html

It attracts lots of stupid comments like why didn’t you use SRAM red ( cause it shifts like a sack of shit and has crap ergonomics ), why not an evo 6 ( show me a sub 6 evo that costs less than my bike or rides as sweetly) and general hate for its unlimited budget. But then I get a whole lot of PMs asking what parts to use and where to get suff at a good price. Plus in the timeline of this Build campagnolo has increased In use and popularity by a sizable margin in these fine pages ( more to do with a great artical about campags ideals and manufacturing future than the parlee build )

Nice blanket generalisation. Its pretty common in MTB circles these days (2.3 front, 2.1 rear etc), with the except for XC bandit perhaps. Why would a fatter tyre be better in the rear? you got haemorrhoids or somefink?

But agreed, snow bikes are horrible at the best of times, that thing with the cruiser fork is the pits.

The difference between a 2.3 and a 2.1 would not offend the eyes of an average man the way those things do. Sorry If I was generalizing. Your avatar is totally dope In an evil dark kinda way:D

holy shit, sugarkane has a very light bicycle!

Ha ha… all good buddy. Oh don’t worry, you clearly see the difference with different treads and all - The front looks like it belongs on a Moto and hooks up in the corners like MF, and the rear, well, looks like a regular MTB tyre but rolls quick. But yeah, apples and oranges. BTW my MTB weighs 2x more than yr parlee :wink:

Thanks for the avatar props BTW. Picasso… talented fella.

Okay I’m sick of talking about a stupidly sensible Firefly and an Ti fat abomination. Here’s something very cool but very baffling in equal measure. Maybe taking Spiritos fat tyres roll faster to a next level?

Haha. Now this is nice, change the saddle and we’d have a winner on a massive level. I don’t care how comfortable that saddle is, it totally ruins the build a little :wink:

I love this winter bike well except for the gold parts.
Problem is in qld it’s more of a summer bike.
Winter is our nice weather.
Parking in Brisbane city is $20 a day fuel to drive is say $5 so $25 a day thats $125 a week.
Work 48 weeks a year that’s $6000 a year to plus running cost’s
So it isn’t to bad i say.

That bike’s hella good man! (good thing you haven’t got a mortgage, wifey and 2.3 chilluns, reckon tall redheads are adequate compo).

I came across those extralite rims on a WW forum, will need to save of for those (unlike you i do have spouse and I’m not getting new ones until I sell-off some of the collection).

reckon that would looks heaps better on it.

Agree with you on the gold parts, bit of a wank for a ‘commuting’ bike.

Aren’t they single sided, spd, ‘touring’ pedals too?

That bike would be UCI illegal because the nose of the saddle is way too froward and over the top of the crank.

Fenders, SPD sandals, shimano…
Yea I’d ride that it’s farking awsome and I bet you don’t have to worry bout nothing like a wet arse or any thing when you ride though the RNP in the pouring rain… Once your wet though l, unless you get cold or forgot your toe covers it really doesn’t farking matter.