The 'what you've done to your bike today' thread

Changed from 52x16 to 52x18. Feels nice.

New front wheel, tyre, front brakes and cross top lever all fitted this arvo

Went through Nick at Saint Cloud

This happened today …

Custom triple triangle #2

Please bring a few of them home!

damn that is beautiful

turned my daily path cruiser into a half-baked cx sponge last night.

pumped the tires up to 65psi, turned the light off only to hear PPSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH as i shut the door, the valve tried to make a break from the tube. quick tube swap this morning and i’m all set for tonites mayhem.

Built mine, haven’t ridden it though. I mean, I rode it around a carpark. But yeah, took a photo of it, feelsgoodman.jpg

Got bike back from LBS, had head tube re faced and fork reamed to fit the crown race on properly. Fitted brake levers Diacompe NOS. (only ones I could find in chrome with a bracket to go on the bullhorn bars. Fitted Front brake, rear brake cable going on tomorrow after I effed it up and chopped the brake cable in the outer when I was cutting it to length - measure twice cut once, then effing check everything will now be my mantra.

IMG_0477 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_0475 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_0474 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Cheers y’all

New 'pit:

familyguy - what mudguards are those?

this may be a huge noob question, but why do you have four brake leavers? is there two for each brake, or are two of them for changing gears or something that my inexperienced eyes can’t pick up? sorry, i just haven’t seen that set up before.

Sorted out paint and decals for the new frame today. Should be done early next week before i take off for Indo.

two levers for each brake. so you dont have to move your hands to the horns when you want to brake. see the picture and i’m sure you’ll understand.

okay cool, i thought that was what was going on. I didn’t realise you had that option for brakes haha, it’s a great idea!

They come standard on the KHS Urban bikes. Flat, narrow, possibly more for show than overly effective, but they might keep some water away.

And yeah, two levers for each brake. If I wasnt riding with my kids I wouldnt have the cross levers, just the bar ends. Kids stop on a ten cent piece, always gotta be ready.

Now THAT is a primo bar tape finishing job.

Cracked the Vivalo pretty bad, fuck. Gripsport or new frame?

i am sorry to hear this pip but i am laughing inside at the same time. did some of us not have money on this?

think i gave it about a month

It’s been approx. 4 weeks since.

Honestly i think you should stay on the on-one Pippy, that thing was rad.