The 'what you've done to your bike today' thread

some final bits for the #dadbike - cheapo set of MT401 brakes and a Nukeproof rigid fork off a mate, officially commuter ready.

4 Likes

The blue hubs and headset are a bit loud don’t you think? :stuck_out_tongue:

I am indeed ashamed :pleading_face:

Installed a new freehub body on my WI CLD hub.

It’d done a fair amount of kms and I struggled to pull the cluster off as it was so indented into the freehub body. So time for a new one.

1 Like

Added a dodgy fender extender after first decently dirty ride with these fenders. There was quite a bit of spray on the crankarm/chainring/my feet so hopefully this will reduce that.

Imgur

Jury-rigged some supports for the Bagman Expedition rack to take some pressure off the saddle rails.
I’m no engineer. But i think it should work… maybe…
PXL_20210326_233928793.PORTRAIT PXL_20210326_233937923.PORTRAIT

2 Likes

PXL_20210409_045127487

Loaded up the bike. Heading to Ballarat for the Goldfields trail. Slightly concerned about the weight in my basket, but i didn’t want to risk not having enough weed.

3 Likes

An ounce does weigh a lot

1 Like

dude. I wish i knew how much it does weigh. Like does it weigh as much as like an ounce of feathers? Or like an ounce of marbles? Who knows?

Makes you think but.

2 Likes

Have you got a some kind of backup securing the rack in case the primary attachment fails?

1 Like

And have you got some kind of backup backup securing the rack in case the secondary attachment fails?

1 Like

and have you got your emergency contacts up to date for any ounce influenced freak outs?

1 Like

hope you smoking a fair bit to overcome the ravages of this weather, RIP.

2 Likes

Zip ties. Held up surprisingly well, even sent it a couple of times yeeeeew

So fucking wet yesterday. Absolutely demoralisingly wet. Nearly called it. But decided to press on. Perfect weather today. Amazing riding.

3 Likes

you love to see it!

Scored a set of TRP Hylex hydro levers off FB and proceeded to chuck em on the commuter.

Much happy.

3 Likes

Finally found the time to replace the very old chain on my old carbon roadie. Had been riding my track-delivery bike or Bianchi Mini-Velo in the interim. Want to get rid of the Bianchi. Its far too small for me.

I have a pipe dream of buying a mini velo in Japan and going bike touring on it… Maybe with a folding Bob trailer then bringing it all back to Aus

1 Like

I think if you got every bike ever made and put them in a blender, you’d end up with this.