Things I lost on eBay this week

I missed out this sweet Gloria Garibaldina frameset with most of the important parts. These really are quite rare though there’s one Dealer in Europe that’s asking $4500 for his that is complete and in original finish (pics below). A bike from Italy I much desire …

I got shoved aside when all the big shot collectors went hammer and tongs for this NIB set of Campagnolo [i]“no name”[/i] (1st gen.) brakes. Just over $2000 !!! I thought they would have went for more :-o

Lastly, I missed out again :x on these Carerra Jeans bib shorts Coolest Short Ever !!! You kids mightn’t know but there was a time when these were the shizzle :mrgreen: Faux denim and faux stitching, these bib shorts are only to be worn by the brave … and Claudio Chiapucci !!! Silly me for thinking these were off the radar so to speak :oops:

Not good pics but you’ll get the idea

[imghttp://www.cyclebucket.com/images/carerra1.jpg[/img]

These are not Carrera team shorts but they have their own certain appeal (or lack of it :-P). Maybe they could be an inspiration for a fixed.org “kit”

$2000 for a box of old shit… fuck people suck sometimes.

it’ll be $4000 when he resells it in a few years :stuck_out_tongue:

that, and the fact that buyer will have something very rare to play with for a few years

i hope all he does is play with them cos, y’know, you’d be kind of a fool to actually use them…

that frame is nice got a pic of one in the roloing flesh? those forks? serious rake,why, fashion of the time?

I can’t believe you let the Carrera’s get away. They went so cheap too. Lucky I’m not a size 4.

I added two pics of another one with original paint … here’s some more of a track version.

re: rake … post war Europe had very poor roads compared to today and on some sections the racers were riding on dirt roads. I wouldn’t call it fashion … I’d call it necessity.

I like this thread spirito :slight_smile:

Keep it coming…

He’s got more of the Carrera bibs…
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/vintage-NALINI-CARRERA-jeans-bib-pants-sspndr-FULL-LEGS_W0QQitemZ280481303128QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel?hash=item414dfd0a58

Awesome. Hope they’re my size. Full length too.

great thread

It’s you vs me heatseeker, i’ve been sleeping on these for a while. Perfect to match my navy blue Carrera roadie. :smiley:

some of you obviously don’t watch Antiques Road Show…

$2k is loose change for serious collectors.

It’s still relatively ‘modern’ items. Not even turn of the century.

Thanks Spirito for a great thread.

Shifter Dan gave me my carrera bibs in 2005. Pocket in the rear too. Only used for CWMCs!

Stylemaster :wink:

I’m just about to lose the auction for a set of these too. Makes me kinda glad though as my ass won’t ever do them justice as you have <where’s the blow a kiss emoticon?>.

BTW … the rear pocket detail is killer

Anyways, the same seller has a now rare and very collectible set of one piece Cinelli City Bike bars/stem/brake levers. I beleive they’re the “Tirolo” model. Poor condition but if you know a good chromer that can keep the Cinelli stamp detail you’ve got yourself a very cool slice of history. Maximum Funk !!!
Sorry Jolan … I gotta have 'em !!!

Bib went for $89 Aus

They do look pretty cool though

Missed out on some sweet max action: 57cm Pinarello Maxim Columbus Max Road Frame & Fork - eBay Bicycles Frames, Cycling, Outdoor Sports, Sporting Goods. (end time 06-May-10 12:00:41 AEST)

I was watching that, it was worth the money, someone scored a good one.

I love this thread

Minipod Bluroom Stylish speakers great condition RP$500 - eBay, Speakers, Subwoofers, Audio, Electronics. (end time 19-Jun-10 23:14:07 AEST)

Such a bargain at $260…I was asleep when I lost it

You should get some sniping software. I think it’s the best way to play. Less time wasted, less temptation to increase your bid, and automatic last seconds bid is a good defense against shill bidders ramping their own auction price.

I don’t use any snipe software so don’t have recommendations but might try it too.