Things I lost on eBay this week

Gixen is one i use, but i don’t see why you wouldn’t just use you max bid.
using a snipe you can way over bid and you still get outbid but automatic max bidders.

You should get an alarm clock.

1. You use a snipe to prevent your max bid from being revealed in advance and another bidder from placing a higher bid than you before the auction finishes. If someone outbids your snipe at that point, it’s pretty safe to say they were always going to out bid you and value that thing more than you do, so good on them (or sucked-in, depending on the item);
  2. Sniping sites and software are/is simple: they just put a bid on at a specified time. You can never “way over bid” unless you tell the snipe to place a bid of that value.

Missed out on a giant omnium xl, someone BIN’ed it now at the final minute. Hope someone here got it.

Missed out on a dura ace 7800 gruppo, went for 595 and my stingy max was 590

missed out on a Corima front
Corima 4 spoke carbon fibre wheel - eBay (item 140422746660 end time Jul-06-10 00:15:57 PDT)

Bad luck, would look cool with the yellow decals

Lost these
Nitto stem 25.4 x 90mm Fixed Fixed single speed - eBay (item 170496898534 end time Jun-15-10 01:49:38 PDT)
Rare Vintage CECIL WALKER 12Speed Road Bike - eBay (item 170494774625 end time Jun-13-10 03:53:14 PDT)
funny bike / time trial/ fixie?? njs Shogun Kaze - eBay (item 280516497044 end time Jun-08-10 21:22:31 PDT)

a group-set of shimano 600ax all but hubs (not even sure ax issue had hubs) discovered ebay international…wish i hadn’t.
would of been nice to buff/shikne up as a long term profect.

god damit.
Campagnolo C Record high flange track hub sheriff star - eBay Road Bike Parts, Parts, Cycling, Sport. (end time 23-Jul-10 17:35:10 AEST)

This would be a good match.

You should be thankful you lost this one - it’s junk. Low end gaspipe tubing, stamped dropouts, not all Cecil Walkers are hand built in Australia. Okay for $60 or $70 but some poor sod just wasted their dough.

just lost out on a nice double crown pista fork =( i shouldve bid more but wasnt sure how easy it is to replace a steerer tube

was a beautiful fork though

anyone here claim it?

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/t15867/

see that thread.

a big, max frame.

will probably regret that…like not buying the eddy max for $900 shipped.

Peugot Touring Bike

Can’t say for sure that my bid would have won it, I’ll never know because my wireless decided to slow down to dialup speed and I missed the whole thing.

i have something similar sitting in my garage

Relisted: RARE vintage COLUMBUS MAX frameset Campagnolo ct 62 (eBay item 230591884036 end time 06-Mar-11 15:00:19 AEDST) : Sporting Goods

thanks coffee.

he emailed me to see if i wanted it at my last bid, but i didn’t get around to seeing it until after he re-listed.

since then i’ve bought one of andy white’s bikes, blue gazelle cx, dura-ace…still will keep an eye on the Max though…can never have too many.

wonder why the other person bailed, this one is in my watch list too, JimmyJ didn’t i see you had gotten some max forks in the latest purchase thread?

EDIT: that was jaseyjase

yep, not me.

DA cranks, pedals & cassette. $140. Forgot to bid
Shimano Dura-Ace Crankset & Bottom Bracket & More | eBay